Kermit at the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 Premiere

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was disappointed too. There was a rumor that Depp would be in the "Muppets" movie but that doesn't seem to be the case seeing his rare lack of charisma when on screen with Kermit. Keith Richards was just plain arrogant. I mean, Alice Cooper, Ozzie Osborne, David Bowie, Prince, Lady Gaga, Weezer and Steven Tyler are all popular rockers with rather alternative/edgy followings and they all have shown how they can be cool with Muppets. It's no sweat off Kermit. It's really just a lost opportunity for Keith. Of course he wasn't mean so the non-appearance-appearance won't hurt him, but it could have helped him and the Stones gain younger fans with lots of cash to spend on itunes.

Somehow it seems they were more confused than anything that they had Kermit there. At least it was that way to me. Everyone else seemed excited to see that Kermit was there... but I'm guessing Johnny and Keith were just thinking "what's the connection here?" It was more of an aloofness than a "Why is there a puppet here?" But overall it just seems they were kinda out of it at this point.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I watched the video. Like nearly everything else the Muppets do, I thought it was fun.

Aaron

Reaction score
Could it be from more extensive use of his voice than in previous years? He hasn't had this much work in some time.

firestarter

Reaction score
Speaking of Disney and The Muppets, i went to Disney World yesterday. I saw Muppet Vision 3D for maybe the fourth or fifth time, it was great as ever. If you guys haven't seen it, check it out on youtube they will most likely have it.

The thing about Disney when it comes to the Muppets that bugs me is their gift shop. They have an animal plush toy on sale. Everything except the head is good. They have the spiked bracelets on the neck, left leg and right wrist. I honestly don't remember if animal actually had more or not. The head of animal looks like one of Marvin Suggs' Muppaphones. (horribe). They have a t shirt that shows the shaggy hair. Plus a Fozzie bear plush where the spots on the tie are peach or flesh colored instead of pink, and his fur is two shades too light. The hat isn't the same one Fozzie wears.

New vinylmations for vinylmation fans. (a vinyl shape of a mickey look alike painted in various styles). The new ones are; Link hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, Miss Piggy (Pigs in space), Leu Zealand, Scooter, Bean Bunny, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Zoot, Flyod (electric maham without animal), Stadler and Waldorf. (sorry I can't spell some of these names).

Puckrox

Reaction score
The thing about Disney when it comes to the Muppets that bugs me is their gift shop.
Tell me about it. The one in Disneyland had more Tron merchandise than Muppets, and they weren't restocked on the Kermit/Beaker/Animal beanies that they sell, meaning I didn't get one during my entire stay at Disneyland.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tell me about it. The one in Disneyland had more Tron merchandise than Muppets, and they weren't restocked on the Kermit/Beaker/Animal beanies that they sell, meaning I didn't get one during my entire stay at Disneyland.
They probably had more Tron merchandise because NO ONE wanted Tron Merchandise... :big_grin: But seriously... it's gonna be like the Terminator Salvation stuff all over again. Termysalvy's gonna have a freaking graveyard like the E.T. Atari 2600 cartridges. Movie merchandise ALWAYS takes president over everything else, no matter how big or how poorly a film does. Which means, come movie time... we'll see a LOT of Muppet stuff... I hope.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Hah, good move of Disney to own the muppets now. They can use the frog now for everything!
But still, Henson company did do it best. :smirk:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm fairly convinced, having watched the movie, that Depp's and Rush's reactions stem in part from their characters. I don't really see Depp as having issues with Kermit, but Jack ....