"The Muppets: Green with Envy" Teaser Trailer On-line

Duke Remington

Reaction score
who the heck is the "lady pig" in the trailer next to scooter? right before Jason Segel says "Wait theres Muppets in this move?" :confused::confused:
I believe that pig is a member of "The Moopets", the unsuccessful Muppet tribute band that Fozzie joined in Reno after the Muppets seperated.

As for Rizzo, you can see him being held in Jason Segel's hand when he says "There's Muppets in this movie?". At least, I like to think that it's Rizzo...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I do hope both Rizzo and Pepe are in the movie but I'm ok with Pepe making a cameo. Rizzo was in the first entertainment weekly pic we saw with all the Muppets driving on the studio lot. Then neither Rizzo or Pepe were in the second ET mag clip that introduced Walter. but they both appear with the gang in that Muppet logo shot. http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/a/aa/The_Muppets_2011_Logo.jpg

Who we haven't seen anything from is Robin Frog yet so i do hope all three of them make the movie. we know Uncle Deadly, Statler and Waldorf, penguins and extra chickens etc are in the movie even though not in the trailer so rizzo, pepe and robin very well may be in the movie.
:smile:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
It's exciting, but there was also something about the whole Muppet portion of the trailer that felt "off." Maybe it's the fact that the only original Muppeteers involved are Whitmire and Goelz?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I believe that pig is a member of "The Moopets", the unsuccessful Muppet tribute band that Fozzie joined in Reno after the Muppets seperated.

As for Rizzo, you can see him being held in Jason Segel's hand when he says "There's Muppets in this movie?". At least, I like to think that it's Rizzo...
That's clearly not Rizzo. It's another Muppet rat. Are you trying to say that all Muppet rats look alike? LOL! :shifty:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
That's clearly not Rizzo. It's another Muppet rat. Are you trying to say that all Muppet rats look alike? LOL! :shifty:
Of course not.

And I think you're right that it's not Rizzo--Rizzo has a longer than the rat that Segel is holding.

Frogster

Reaction score
This is only my opinion, but I do hope Johnny, Sal, Pepe and Bobo are in the movie. I love the fact they're bringing so many old familiar faces back, and it's because of that, that I don't believe Pepe (or really any one Muppet) will cast a shadow over anyone else. This isn't me trying to complain, this is just me thinking about the fairness of each character, because I believe that, after 15 years, those four have earned their place with the others.

How about a hand for Bobby Benson, Link, Marvin Suggs, Thog, Beautiful Day, and all of these other awesome faces coming out of the woodwork? I hope some of those people have a line, even if none of them have really talked in the movies before. Link's only line was in MTM, when shouting, "They got married."

You can't judge much from a trailer, but I am hoping that Segel and Adams look at and treat the Muppet characters just as if they were other actors. While I'm not a huge fan of the Muppet films after Jim's passing, I can say I'm really impressed with Michael Caine, Tim Curry and Jeffrey Tambor for really shining through.

Oh... and honest to God story... this morning I was going for a walk, and I was listening to New Radical's song, "You Get What You Give" on my iPod, and I was thinking, that'd be a great song for the Muppets to do. Weird.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Won't have a chance to watch the trailer online til i can get to the library (Friday at earliest) to where i can freeze frame it and look for all the small details - but yeah, forgot to mention the odd-looking pig when i was describing it. I think it may be one of the handfuls of new Muppets created for this movie (aside from Walter, there's not a lot of them and they're all bit parts but i do think the pig's one of them - won't reveal the name though since it's a joke)

No one should be getting nervous about who they don't see in the trailer - remember this is a teaser trailer to give us the slightest glimpse and won't be that spoiler heavy - heck half the characters in it, you do have to freeze frame to tell they're in it. Pepe and Rizzo were both in the early draft and while i'm sure many more Muppets were written in, i doubt anyone would have been written out. The only exception would be Bobo only because the director thought Uncle Deadly would be better for the part Bobo was originally slated for but he may still very well still show up elsewhere.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Dear goodness, Thog IS HUUUUGE. Was he this big on TMS? He makes Sweetums look little.
Why not see for yourself?

Well as expected, the people behind AICN are super excited(I agree with them, this and Tree of Life are my two most anticipated films this year) most the "talk back" folks are severely hating on the film and the Muppets/Muppet fans in general.
Who in the world cares what they think? AICN is one of those sites that attracts trolls like nobody's business.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I can't express how happy and excited I am after seeing this trailer! I think it was executed brilliantly and the fact that Sweetums, Thog, and Crazy Harry were a part of it makes me feel even better about the movie:smile:

It's bringing back a lot of Muppet memories, especially when Great Muppet Caper and the Muppets Take Manhattan were released.

I do hope that Pepe is in the movie, but if not, I won't complain because we have a Muppet Movie!:smile:

I'm also wondering how to find out about attending the premiere? It would be awesome if it were in the Muppet 3-D theater in California Adventure.