What materials can I use for a spyrofoam puppet's pupils?

shoo

Reaction score
Sorry to sound a meanie back at ya, buuut.. I am not sure that you understand me completely...

What I am looking for, is NOT eyes for a puppet, but for a fullbody costume. And yes, I've done a search through the forum without finding anything that can help me much, hence why I put up this thread in the first place. So yeah, I hope someone can help me, but yeah, I guess I'll have to look around a bit more..

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Find the Ornaments Here:
http://factorydirectcraft.com/catal...r_plastic_acrylic_fillable_ball_ornament.html

1.) Using a Dremmel smooth the edges and cut the hook part off. Sand to a smooth finish. Also cut as hole the size of a loonie (Canadian dollar (1.5inch) from the sphere. Sand inside the eye as you are going to put the doll joint inside.

2.) Now grab a doll joint and sand the inside flat surface. Insert the joint carfully into the Ornament- so that the joint faces out. You might have to use pliers and bend the joint plate back a bit.

3.) Hot glue the joint to the Ornament. Inside the ornament.

4.)Drill a hole into the ornament- where you want the pupil to go. You might have to place the eyes onto your costume.- mark the pupils with a marker. Drill using a bit smaller than your eye screws into the marks you just made. Sand the holes- just a bit.

5.) Spray the eyes with White Spray paint- I recommend an eggshell finish as it provides a glossy surface but not too glossy- it is up to you.

6.) Next, take the eye screw (size is up to you). Spray it black if it's not already.

7.) Take black plastic vinyl (that is sticky on one side and stick it onto itself- Basically folding it in half so the sticky backing sticks to itself...folding it in half LOL then trace a circle and cut the circle using an exacto knife.

8.) Knowing the diameter of the eye screw- measure and cut a hole from the black vinyl circle. I recommend not in the center of the circle as you won't get the spin you want.

9.) Pass the screw through the black vinyl hole and at this point check out the "SPIN" factor. If it is too loose or too tight adjst the hole.

10.) Place the screw into the hole you drilled in the ornament and carefully screw it in.

11.) Attach the eyes to the Costume using the doll joints.

Done :smile:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Sorry to sound a meanie back at ya, buuut.. I am not sure that you understand me completely...

What I am looking for, is NOT eyes for a puppet, but for a fullbody costume. And yes, I've done a search through the forum without finding anything that can help me much, hence why I put up this thread in the first place. So yeah, I hope someone can help me, but yeah, I guess I'll have to look around a bit more..
Look no futher then. :smile:)