"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
While Jason Segal may have done a great job of writing the script and getting the project going, I am not a fan of his acting and it is the one thing that is turning me off from the whole movie.

Dbailey15

Reaction score
This new MUPPET Movie was a long time coming! It looks fantastic and as well as new material it has elements of the successful 70's tv series. About time there was a new tv series too. I miss the Muppet characters such as Statler and Waldorf, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Animal and all the other fun loving crazy people.

Luke

Reaction score
There's also Fozzie's fart joke. Has he really fallen on times hard enough for that G-Force sort of toilet humor? Come on!
Well the "like" button has come in handy, i totally 100% agree ... when i saw the fart joke, i was like uh oh, here we go again! I know the setup is them sending up the cheap tricks todays movies use but it's still just a bit over the top for a Muppets film. Also yes, the voice in that intro is way off, i had no idea it was meant to be Fozzie.

Big praise for the rebuilds for all the background characters, Gonzo doing his stunts again, the Muppet arches, and PENGUINS. I didn't dislike the trailer, i didn't love it. I agree with others that i'm not a big fan of Segal's acting, and i still really don't like Walter that much but the Mahna Mahna scene showed their is definitely some classic Muppetyness in this. Glad we got to see Pepe and Rizzo though as they aren't in the major scenes i'm guessing they just got small scenes and aren't with the main Muppets during the entire movie.

The whole "These are the Muppets" thing ... i guess for the purposes of Disney relaunching them as household names it suits to have people think they are returning after a long time, but it kinda makes me wonder if i just dreamed they did a TV movie on a major network only 2 and a half years ago, lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Good trailer. I'll have to post my thoughts later, but I noticed that when the arches is shown, a few archs are empty. They should know better!

I noticed some of the Mutations in the trailer, in that big group shot.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Only thing I don't like is the "Fart Shoes" "gag", but I'm really excited now!

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Great way to start the morning and to get the weekend off to a good start. So great to see so many characters appearing in the parody-trailers and the first official one.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I hope some of the green-screening gets polished before Nov. As cool as the arches scene looks, it's not as seamless as the original. And room Bunsen and Beaker are in looks really fake (I know it is, but they need some touching up on it).

hoopless

Reaction score
Little confused why Scooter is miming We Built This City, but I kinda love it.

Don't like Miss Piggy's head banging on the table or the hideous electrocution effect, but I adore hearing Kermit talking about love and self belief.

I'm kind of curious to hear if that little bit if guitar music at the beginning is part of one of the new songs. That could be interesting.

I also had no idea it was meant to be Fozzie in the voice over and agree that maybe it's too many voices without faces for the general public.

A weird kind of presumably dream sequence for Segel and Adams looks like it could be a nice bit of randomness.

Great to see so many old and forgotten characters being brought back out, and the arches!

Anyone else wondering what the robot is all about?

There are some things I don't like, but ultimately this trailer just makes me annoyed that it's not out here for another 8 months. EIGHT MONTHS!!!!! 8 MONTHS!!!!!!!
Seriously Disney, what the **** is that all about? world wide simultaneous release otherwise I can't be held responsible for not seeing it for the first time in a cinema. (piracy is bad and not condoned)