What songs scared you as a kid?

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I know I haven't been here in a long, long, long time, but here is today's burning question:

What songs scared you as a kid? For me it was (and still are) Hugga Wugga and a old bad-quality wav. file of the Road Runner Theme Song (from the Road Runner Show in the 1960's).

Some songs that scare me now are Bodies by Drowning Pool (On those random videos you watch for some unknown reason.... :confused:) or those bad audio videos with pumping volume (Man I hat those, just saw one today!!! :eek:) that scare the heck out of you when they pop up (or those screamer vids more or less).... Post away, Muppet fans!

"If the Good Lord intended for us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller-skates..."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I was a kid I was terrified of the "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" song. This is long before they made that TV special, I'm just talking about the song. And for some reason it just bothered me for weeks afterward, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What songs scared you as a kid? For me it was (and still are) Hugga Wugga and a old bad-quality wav. file of the Road Runner Theme Song (from the Road Runner Show in the 1960's).
Bad quality wav's CAN be scary sounding stuff. I once had a bad WAV converted to a very bad MP3 of the Heathcliff theme, and when I put it on a CD to listen to it, it was... ugh. There were pops and squeaks and other phantom artifacts in it. Long since dumped it, got the French version.

I'm sure you all know by now the Hebrew version of Pinball number count scared the CRAP out of me , and it took me years to even listen to the English one again.

Seriously, I'm not looking for it to post, but Youtube search....

Really... it's just.... there's NO rhythm. It's like they're trying too hard to be that John Moschitta Jr. guy and failed at it.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Yeah, Drtooth, I agree that foriegn languages can be pretty scary. For some more foreign frights, check out songs from The Brave Little Toaster in Romanian. (The Cutting Edge song in Romanian is just :eek:!)

While we're on the subject of scary songs, I also used to hate 'You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch". Just the Grinch alone is scary. Every time I saw the TV special when I was little- oh, say 3 or 4- (When they show it on Cartoon Network), I would run and hide on the stairs. Some of the Grinch's facial expressions are terrifying!

"If the Good Lord intended for us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller-skates..."

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Oh wait, shoot! No it's Cutting Edge in Hungarian!!! Sorry...
Plus, instead of dubbing over the original English track, (the orchestral one with the cool slap bassline) they use a instrumental that sounds like it should be in a Sega Genesis game!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Lady Gaga comes to mind.....She just scares me whenever I look at her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Drtooth, I agree that foriegn languages can be pretty scary. For some more foreign frights, check out songs from The Brave Little Toaster in Romanian. (The Cutting Edge song in Romanian is just :eek:!)
Some songs work, some songs don't. I listened to the Rechov Sumsum Hebrew/Arabic version of "Two names are Better than One" (the song about the fruit singing about what they're called in different languages) and it sounded very nice and flowing, and it kept the rhythm.

A few songs I got on me are actually French translations of other songs... SOME of them have different music completely and sound wonderful. But trying to shove too many multi-syllabic words into somewhere in which one sylable words go... just doesn't sound right.

Personally, I really think THIS song translation sounds just as akward:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I remember being scared when I was really little of the song "Day After Day" by Badfinger. My dad had a cassette he would always listen to in the car with that song on it, and I remember thinking it was really creepy. Several years later, I got a best of CD by Badfinger and it turned on that "Day After Day" was no longer creepy but a really phenominal ballad. Happy ending.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember being scared when I was really little of the song "Day After Day" by Badfinger. My dad had a cassette he would always listen to in the car with that song on it, and I remember thinking it was really creepy. Several years later, I got a best of CD by Badfinger and it turned on that "Day After Day" was no longer creepy but a really phenominal ballad. Happy ending.
I love that song but I can see where it can seem a little creepy, lol. Glad you ended up liking it! Badfinger was a very talented group. :smile: