Muppet Voice Comparisons

beakerboy12

Reaction score
It's really hard to screw up something as simple as a "meep" for Beaker, so Steve did a perfect job here.
Well, it is, but I've noticed the differences in the meeps of the two performers. While Steve's meeps seem to be a bit fuller and finshed, Richard's meeps seem to be faster like "me-mo-me-mee-mo-mee-mo-me-me!" It's hard to sort of type his exact dialogue... But yeah, that's sort of what I believe is the difference.

Steve's meeps are very good, he's doing a perfect job. But also, like Drtooth and heralde said, no one can match Richard's enthusiasm

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Steve's meeps are very good, he's doing a perfect job. But also, like Drtooth and heralde said, no one can match Richard's enthusiasm
Plus Steve did say he was mainly doing an imitation since he honestly didn't really understand where Beaker came from as a character. Whereas I get the feeling Richard always knew exactly what Beaker was saying, lol. :eek:

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Everyone's favorite drummer, Animal!:halo:
(Frank Oz & Eric Jacobson)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2plGtemM0k

I think Eric has done quite well with Frank's characters. You know, Frank and Eric's voices for Miss Piggy sound the most feminine.

Someone had pointed out the changes in Gonzo's voice. At first, Gonzo had a squeaky voice in the first season of the Muppet Show, but over the years, it's gotten deeper with a lot less squeak.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
One could do a Goelz vs. Goelz comparison of Gonzo over the years and there would be differences over the passing decades!
I've been thinking the exact same things. Even though Gonzo is one of the few Muppets who is performed by the same guy who originally performed him, he does sound quite different now than he did in the first season of 'The Muppet Show.' In fact, some say that Pepe's voice has changed over the years as well, so I could see one for him. Heck, I'm still waiting on one for Snuffleupagus. (Jerry Nelson/Michael Earl/Marty Robinson)

Studmeister17

Reaction score
The link for Sam the American Eagle in the first post is no longer any good. That version was removed by the user, possibly to tweak the edit.

Try this one instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtUhnXhadHU

Neat idea for videos. They need less text in between the voice clips, in my opinion, so you can hear the differences one right after the other. Maybe just solid clips with subtitles at the bottom for who is doing the voice.

Alex
But if he/she did that, then they wouldn't really be comparing the voices, they'd just be playing them back to back...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love Artie's Kermit! And the video guy is absolutely right with the description of the voice! I mean, if Artie works hard at it, he could sound just like Jim Henson's Kermit! I love these videos!
Yeah me too, he really blew me away at some points. :smile: