Fraggle Parents?

Convincing John

Reaction score

Slackbot

Reaction score
Counterbalancing that, in "Mokey Then and Now" Boober says "Gobo's not even born yet." The Storyteller was talking about a mythic character in a first season ep and Boober was referring to a real person in a fourth/fifth season ep, so I'm inclined to go with the latter.

Or maybe some Fraggles lay eggs and some give live birth? Fraggles are a very variable species. There are the standard Fraggle Rock Fraggles, furry-and-feathery Fraggles like Cantus, and aquatic Fraggles (the Merggles). Maybe, like snakes, some lay eggs and some don't.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Counterbalancing that, in "Mokey Then and Now" Boober says "Gobo's not even born yet." The Storyteller was talking about a mythic character in a first season ep and Boober was referring to a real person in a fourth/fifth season ep, so I'm inclined to go with the latter.
Well all that stuff is true!
Or maybe some Fraggles lay eggs and some give live birth? Fraggles are a very variable species. There are the standard Fraggle Rock Fraggles, furry-and-feathery Fraggles like Cantus, and aquatic Fraggles (the Merggles). Maybe, like snakes, some lay eggs and some don't.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Yep, she did. Here's the clip. It's at the 1:06 mark in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9iQMJTVsTs

For more info:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_108:_The_Terrible_Tunnel

"The Storyteller gives a hint as to how Fraggles are born: she mentioned that Fedora Fraggle was "hatched," thus giving the impression that Fraggles come from eggs, like birds."

Then of course we have the concept art by Michael Frith of Fraggles hatching from eggs. It's with the 3rd Season DVD set.
I mgiht have to watch it to find out.
Although I do renember seeing a fraggle egg and it was beautiful.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Terry Angus visits 'round these parts from time to time. I'd like to hear his take on it. Yeah, it was Richard Hunt performing the Storyteller in this episode, but still, he might have heard something discussed at one point.

I could totally see Boober in the delivery room...er, cave, I guess, with his medical training and all.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I could totally see Boober fainting in horror when things started happening in earnest. :wink:

Collgoff

Reaction score
Terry Angus visits 'round these parts from time to time. I'd like to hear his take on it. Yeah, it was Richard Hunt performing the Storyteller in this episode, but still, he might have heard something discussed at one point.
That is something to think about it!
I could totally see Boober in the delivery room...er, cave, I guess, with his medical training and all.
That sound weird it could make me feel sick.

Fraggline

Reaction score
I can't help wondering if something awful might have happened to Boober's parents. If so, it would certainly explain the root of his depression.
Hey, yeah, that's good reasoning. On the same note, I've sort of thought that Mokey was raised by her grandmother, who probably had an eye for nature and taught her to value life. It happened that way for Jim Henson, if I'm correct.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Hey, yeah, that's good reasoning. On the same note, I've sort of thought that Mokey was raised by her grandmother, who probably had an eye for nature and taught her to value life. It happened that way for Jim Henson, if I'm correct.
What is the way for Jim Henson?