The Doctor Who Thread

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
That reminds me, how about your favorites Zepp?!? :big_grin:
*Ahem* Don't call me Zepp! :grouchy:

Well, my favorite Classic Series Doctor is Tom Baker, who cemented his status with my favorite quote "HARRY SULLIVAN IS AN IMBECILE!" and Matt Smith is shaping up to be my favorite New Series Doctor.

Favorite companion would have to be Amy Pond, just because she and Eleven are so good together (and I have a thing for redheads :coy:).

My era would have to be the new, simply because I haven't seen enough of the classic series to make a definitive call.

Never really been able to choose a definite favorite episode of this, or any series. What I prefer depends on the mood I'm in.

And finally, my favorite alien: OOD!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------------------
The circle must be broken! Hurrah for the Ood!
-------------------------------

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Oh! I've been meaing to ask. Has anyone here heard of Chameleon Circuit (the band, not the busted Tardis part)?

If not, (I have been dying to do this), here's a sample:

HamHock

Reaction score
Me and my my sister love Chameleon Cercuit! I have "Blink" and "An aweful lot of running" on my itunes!

Fave Doctor: David Tennant, although Matt Smith is a close second.

Fave Companion: I'd have to say Donna ("STOP BLEEPING ME!!!"). Mostly because she was the only one who wasn't hopelessly in love with him. Amy is ok too (Did you see the most recent episode, with River Song and Melody? How could I not figure that out!)

Fave Era: Th new one, I haven't seen much of the older ones...

I'm not sure about fave serial, but the best quote... I'd have to agree with beakerboy's "Alonzo"" from the Titanic Christmas Special!

Fave Episode: Journey's End (Season 4 Finale)

And my fave aliens: The Daleks, but not the new models (Tacky!)

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
And my fave aliens: The Daleks, but not the new models (Tacky!)
I kind of like the Tacky Technicolor Daleks (if only they didn't have those ugly humps).

So, without too much spoilering, anyone care to give their thoughts on the first half of the sixth series?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
My thoughts: so far I have only 1 favorite episode that we've watched multiple times (though, of course, I'm saving every episode on my DVR, hee-hee), wanna guess which one? :big_grin:

IMO, the Doc has been a little too goofy and eccentric lately, moreso than he was in his first season... I dunno, just seems slightly out of place to me. Am I alone in this? (At least in this forum, there's plenty of folks on other boards who can't stand the poor guy, but I haven't gone that far. He is our first Doctor afterall.)

I like the new Daleks too! Yeah, that hump is an odd design choice, but I do appreciate the overall streamlined look and bold colors. The classic Daleks will forever be my favorites however, specifically the gun-metal grey models from "Genesis of the Daleks".

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
does no one remember the assistant Ace from Sylvester Mccoy days? it was when I was 8 or 9, and I sooooo wanted to be her.

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
I couldn't find another thread like this, so I figured I'd start one.

Are there any other Doctor Who fans here, or is the fact that there isn't one a sign that I'm alone on that front?

If so...um...standard questions, I guess? Favorite Doctor? Companion? Era? Quote? Serial/Episode? Alien/Monster? Old or New? All that jazz.

If not, disregard everything this madman has written! HE'S CRAZY! :eek:
favourite doctor - this is tricky, i have a huge allegiance to the old doctors (fave being sylvester mccoy, tom baker, patrick troughton and jon pertwee) but going by the relaunch its david tennant, closely followed by matt smith who seems to be a good ammalgimation of both tennant and eccleston.

Favourite companion - old - was ace. But she was replaced by Donna - shes just reminds me of me lol

Episode....hmmm.... i think the adipose one, just for the silent scene between the doctor and donna , but the family of blood was swesome too - that young man freaks me out

Alien - dalek/cyberman, but i do like the ood too. oh and lets not forget aldrick.

fave villian was always teh master, and john sim does a **** fine job at it.

I suppse im being pretty vague but thats teh problem, ive seen every single episode ever so its hard to narrow it down (and yes that includes the ones from the 50s - an ex bf had every single episode on VHS)

what can i say? Im a geek. And proud :smile: