Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah Fisher Price just sucked. Period.
Well, the collect-a-pal line was pretty good. I'm disappointed they only had one series. Plush, they had the BEST Count Plush period. Even better than the more expensive Gund... but yeah... for a while it was ALL about the lousy Singing/Dancing Elmo dolls.

Sigh, I NEVER saw they Tyco figures... just the bean bags and the die cast cars (which were only available at Wal*Mart... meaning I couldn't get to them often). I DID want that Ernie and Bert on a motorcycle talking toy, though... never got it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just wish Hasbro would get obsessive about releasing collector Market Sesame action figures! I want a Hoots someday.
You know, it would be great if Hasbro picked up the Muppets license this year as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... these things due out in fall or something? I still see Fisher Price stuff coming out and still on store shelves.

Anyway, about the Scooby-Doo figures I mentioned a while back, the bind packaged figures packed with slime finally came out in the US... I wonder if we're getting any more buddy pack series. I WANT that Dracula.

Drtooth

Reaction score
BUMP:

These are slowly working their way into stores.

Just yesterday, I actually saw the Oscar's Dumptruck. And the figures are actually larger than I expected. It may be rotocast in harder plastic, there's no way I can tell just by looking, but it seems that preschool toys are made of a certain type of plastic that other toys aren't. And remember, these are preschool toys first and foremost.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
BUMP:

These are slowly working their way into stores.

Just yesterday, I actually saw the Oscar's Dumptruck. And the figures are actually larger than I expected. It may be rotocast in harder plastic, there's no way I can tell just by looking, but it seems that preschool toys are made of a certain type of plastic that other toys aren't. And remember, these are preschool toys first and foremost.
Where did you see them for sale at? I was actually thinking about making a Toys R Us and Target run today. It would be nice if I could find these while I'm out!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Where did you see them for sale at? I was actually thinking about making a Toys R Us and Target run today. It would be nice if I could find these while I'm out!

It was definitely TRU... Target's just clearing out some of the Mattel stuff (didn't have the money to pick up a Count plush), so they may have it in the coming months... but so far, TRU is the only place to find them. Or it. All I found was Oscar's Dumptruck, though... no other Playskool stuff popped up as of yet, and the Mattel stuff is slowly getting cleared off in TRU too.

YipYip UhHuh

Reaction score
The TRU here has some of these new Hasbro toys as well. Specifically, the street playset and Oscar's garbage truck and Grover's fire truck. I did not see any of the additional figures yet, though.
They also had the plush Cookie Monster that eats/counts cookies. I am not sure about any of the games, though, because I didn't venture into the game aisle.
For what it's worth, the toys look pretty darn nice in my opinion. Can't wait to see more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW! The Grover's out too?

Yeah, it seems we're going to see a lot of these very soon... Maybe September to coincide with Season 42. Target and TRU have been clearing out the last of the FP stuff (I gotta get a Count plush before it's too late), no doubt to make room for Playskool's stuff. I really expect big things from this. I'd love to see a Mr. Potatohead/Sesame Street character Mash-up in time. or maybe even a special Spider-Monster figure if they can cross license.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bump... picture just surfaced of Target exclusive Talking Super Grover plush!

Status
Not open for further replies.