"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

beaker

Reaction score
How is the new Pooh film? I like the old school look, but for some reason I really love the late 90's-2000's theatrical and dtv films. (HATE the cgi tv show)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I went to see Winnie the Pooh today and finaly saw a Muppets trailer in the theater. There weren't many others watching, and the movie didn't get much response (I didn't hear any laughing until after the trailer ended).

I don't think it's been mentioned on the forum, but the trailer in front of Winnie the Pooh is a bit different than what's been seen. It starts out as the teaser trailer, but the second half shows several different clips, including some not shown previously. The only one I really remember is a recreation of the part of the opening with the full-body monsters, and yet Timmy Monster is absent (I think I spotted an empty arch where Timmy should have been). This means I'll be surprised if Timmy shows up in this movie.

I've pointed out that some of the archs seen in other trailers are empty, and some have speculated that either some were erased from the trailer to avoid spoiling a surprise or have speculated that the editing of that shot wasn't finished by the time the trailer was put together. But I'm pretty sure all the monsters were on set for the part with the monsters, and there wouldn't really be any reason to avoid showing Timmy Monster (unless he works for the bad guys as well, but so far we don't know that).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
...or unless the puppet was too expensive to build. We should be happy they gave us Thog and the Mutations, we shouldn't really beg for more. "Beggars can't be choosers" as they say.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I went to see Winnie the Pooh today and finaly saw a Muppets trailer in the theater. There weren't many others watching, and the movie didn't get much response (I didn't hear any laughing until after the trailer ended).

I don't think it's been mentioned on the forum, but the trailer in front of Winnie the Pooh is a bit different than what's been seen. It starts out as the teaser trailer, but the second half shows several different clips, including some not shown previously. The only one I really remember is a recreation of the part of the opening with the full-body monsters, and yet Timmy Monster is absent (I think I spotted an empty arch where Timmy should have been). This means I'll be surprised if Timmy shows up in this movie.

I've pointed out that some of the archs seen in other trailers are empty, and some have speculated that either some were erased from the trailer to avoid spoiling a surprise or have speculated that the editing of that shot wasn't finished by the time the trailer was put together. But I'm pretty sure all the monsters were on set for the part with the monsters, and there wouldn't really be any reason to avoid showing Timmy Monster (unless he works for the bad guys as well, but so far we don't know that).
Any other new scenes in that version of the trailer besides that?

And which monsters were in the shot you're referring to? Was it only Sweetums, Thog and the Mutations or did any of the other fully-body monsters (Mean Mama, DogLion, etc.) appear too?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Any other new scenes in that version of the trailer besides that?
It went by fast and I can't remember many details, but I'm thinking there was another crowd/group shot taking place in some sort of studio. I searched YouTube to see if it's been posted but have been unable to find this version of the trailer.

Duke Remington said:
And which monsters were in the shot you're referring to? Was it only Sweetums, Thog and the Mutations or did any of the other fully-body monsters (Mean Mama, DogLion, etc.) appear too?
Just Sweetums, Thog, and the Mutations.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Was that "different trailer" an entirely new one or the same one just with alternative footage?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was that "different trailer" an entirely new one or the same one just with alternative footage?
The whole first half was the same as the first half of the teaser trailer, then there were several clips, most of which have been in the trailers we've seen. It included Kermit's "The Muppets are about artistic integrety" line (can't remember if the "fart shoes" clip was shown, but I think it was... Either way I didn't hear the kids in the audience laughing), that one shot of Kermit playing the banjo as the camera widens, the shot of monsters I mentioned, at least one shot I haven't seen, the big turnaround shot of many Muppet characters, and other clips (but I'm pretty sure no Moopets or bad guys), ending with Crazy Harry's explosion and Fozzie's "That was an expensive-looking explosion" line.

I hope that the DVD contains all three teaser trailers and every theatrical trailer.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Hope that new trailer makes its way onto YouTube soon.

Were there any new or different characters in the newer trailer? And was the monster shot the only new bit shown?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The arches aren't empty for spoiler-hiding, those scenes probably weren't fully polished. I mean, look at them in the trailer, they look pretty bad (Beaker looks so small compared to the other characters). They'll be touched up on before November.