NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Now that's more like it - still could be a lot better but at least this one has more characters (which is a bit needed if the concept is "Meet the Muppets" Plus the style's a little more ever so slightly stylized and prepares the reader a little more for what lies within. Even if that version of Piggy had been used on the regular cover, it would have helped.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i like it, i dont see anthing majorly wrong with the piggy cover! :smirk: i think some people are waaaaaay over dramatizing it tho. :sigh:
gotta agree..buut i am one of the few who didnt grab it in its original run so im hopeing th pick this up

Slackbot

Reaction score
I like this composition more... but I can't say I'm in love with the style. There's something about it that makes me thing that the artist had one piece of reference art for each character, maybe two, and just ad-libbed from there rather than Googling around to see what Miss Piggy's snout really looks like, or the color of Animal's body, or the difference between Gonzo's nose and a water spigot. Of course, this could just be me being a little testy because I'm still miffed at Boom losing the license.

That said, I'll be buying this for my niece and nephew. The thought of giving them the Boom printings makes me cringe, given how roughly everything gets treated at their house, but I could give them this with a clear conscience, and I feel it my duty to provide some sort of positive Muppety influence.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree... it's a better cover yes, but still... a better cover for something I already have, and I'm annoyed by Boom's loss of that and the Pixar license... but I'm sure we probably wouldn't have got Darkwing or Ducktales out of it (seems like Rescue Rangers was only an 8 issue thing... there's no reference to future issues on the website. That's not a good sign).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought there would eventually be alternate covers. Glad they did that!!

Remember the original run separated out the stories into Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo and Fozzie. Even though this includes all the character stories, they could still be making additional covers to showcase them. Yes, the new Miss Piggy cover is a hack job. There's no way to delicately put that. It probably was intended for the girlie demographic.

This new five-character cover is much better. It's not ideal. This style is particularly selected for the 7 and under crowd. We got the nicer editions.

I still say this is a good move for Disney. I just wish they'd thrown in the last issue before throwing in the towel at Boom. Maybe they're saving that to maintain our fan interest too. Let's hope so!

Drtooth

Reaction score
This new five-character cover is much better. It's not ideal. This style is particularly selected for the 7 and under crowd. We got the nicer editions.

I still say this is a good move for Disney. I just wish they'd thrown in the last issue before throwing in the towel at Boom. Maybe they're saving that to maintain our fan interest too. Let's hope so!
Yeah, but according to their plans, they'll release this quarterly... 4 issues a year... we'd have to wait 2 years AFTER the arc that was supposed to come out 6 months ago for that one... provided they even get the art and script. And that's if they DON'T toss some of the classics issues in the mix. An alright move to get more casual people involved... a big nyeh nyeh to people who followed the comics since the Disney Afternoon collapse. All we got Pixar wise besides the Cars magazine reprint is a movie adaption comic of Cars 2...

I say we kindly write and twists some arms to get the 4 Seasons arc published separately as single comics first.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
that other cover with everyone on it i bought this just cause they were never released here guess when it says marvel comic book shops get them over to the uk but two years for 4 seasons i'm suprised disney didn't want a lot of the other issues to be released before the movie like an arc each month

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It gets me wondering, if The Four Seasons ever does come out, I wonder if they'll be numbered accordingly, or if they'll be renumbered, or even if they won't be numbered at all. Same with any new comic books if we do get new comic books.

It was said that the plan is to rerelease comics every three months. I wonder if they'll do that with just TMS Comic Book or if the Muppet Classics will be rereleased as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I found out they pulled the SAME friggin stunt with the Disney Afternoon license, :boo: I hope these crappy crappy crappy magazine reprints fail big time. I HATE Disney's treatment of the license from a GOOD indie comics company so they can consolidate everything to a company that wouldn't even print a new Cars comic if it was guaranteed to sell out on the first day because it's more profitable to kill off every super hero and bring them back a month later.:sigh:

I HATE these magazines with a total passion now. The covers SUCK, the printing stock SUCKS, and the Disney comics management SUCKS! Screw their ownership of Marvel, indie comic companies are the ONLY places pop culture icons can thrive.:grouchy:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i feel like disney thought boom! was going into adminstration or something the way there giving them to marvel even though boom! was doing such a good job with them and the reprints should only be shipped overseas to france germany or the uk then they might sell but i think that might fail to