"The Muppets" first preview screening

needforspeed

Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry! I just realized what you were asking. Nope, there was no after-credit scenes at this screening. (There were no credits at all!)

No worries. Thanks for the reply. I figured there might not have been it being so early but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks again!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker, not much poster.

On August 18th through Neilson Movie View I had the great privilege to see a preview screening of Jason Segal's new "The Muppets" movie coming out in November.
This is what Neilson sent me.

Ask anything!
1 Well i was wondering if you could tell me all the songs in the movie?
2 Jack Black what was his scene?
3 What was selena gomez and sterling knights scene?
4 and what was your favorite scene or part of the movie?
5 do they have to convince kermit to get the gang back together
6 whats the plot

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I read Rizzo is in the film for a few brief moments but doesn't say a word. He and Gozno aren't buddies in this film.

I'm also wondering why some of you want Pepe to have a good decent part? I can only take that character in small doses, and it seems he doesn't really have a major role in the film.

Very surprised sketches of the Muppet Show aren't in there....although I did read another review in which there is during the second act.

Looking forward to this film in November.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ain't It Cool News has two reviews of the advanced screening on their site.

There are spoilers; but, they just made me want to see this more rather than ruining it for me. And they have virtually nothing but good things to say (sans a gripe or two here and there. Both don't like the lack of Rizzo)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I mainly have a question regarding the content. I hope the movie is rated G and even so, I want to clarify- is there any level of crude humor beyond the "fart shoes" gag (which as you said earlier doesn't have a real big part in the movie, for which I'm glad). I would hope there certainly wouldn't be any foul language. Were there any double entendres in there? I'm hoping to take my nephews and niece to see the movie and I want to make sure this is something that will be totally appropriate for them. Thanks for your help with that and for all the info on "The Muppets" movie. I'm definitely excited for this one!:dreamy::drool::jim::big_grin:
This movie is definitely perfect for everyone. (Including your nephews)
Thanks! Good to hear.:laugh:

dwmckim

Reaction score
1 Well i was wondering if you could tell me all the songs in the movie?
2 Jack Black what was his scene?
3 What was selena gomez and sterling knights scene?
4 and what was your favorite scene or part of the movie?
5 do they have to convince kermit to get the gang back together
6 whats the plot
Hmm...i can understand curiosity about the general nature of the film, if certain characters or scenes make the cut etc, but some of these questions are getting way too heavy in spoiler territory in the truest sense of the word...too many questions along this line and there won't be any good surprises left for actual viewing!!!

If Jack Black's doing the same stuff that was originally envisioned for him in the script, i would tend to say this is something best left as a surprise!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just read the two reviews on Aint It Cool News and they do contain several spoilers so I'm probably gonna stop looking now.

The word is that the movie is filled with Muppets, that there are some great musical numbers, there's classic rapid-fire humor throughout the film, it's not too heavy-handed with the cameos or human stars, Jason, Amy and Chris do a fantastic job, they don't waste much time getting into the action, it comes in somewhere around 100 minutes and leaves you wanting more. I don't really need to know more than that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just read the two reviews on Aint It Cool News and they do contain several spoilers so I'm probably gonna stop looking now.

The word is that the movie is filled with Muppets, that there are some great musical numbers, there's classic rapid-fire humor throughout the film, it's not too heavy-handed with the cameos or human stars, Jason, Amy and Chris do a fantastic job, they don't waste much time getting into the action, it comes in somewhere around 100 minutes and leaves you wanting more. I don't really need to know more than that.
News is it's good, the humans aren't the focus, it's not too long, not too short..... That's ALL I want to know.