1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" first preview screening

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by hiho2themuppets, Aug 19, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

Big Mean Carl isnt really a full bodied puppet though, so im not sure, gotta see the movie again.
  2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Well, in most of his appearances, Behemoth is a live-hands puppet. Same with Carl.

Full-bodied Muppet means a character that is so tall and human-sized that a performer is inside that character.

I heard somewhere else that Sweetums, Thog and the Mutations are not the only full-bodied characters in the film. If that's true, then how about, say, Timmy Monster, DogLion, Mean Mama, Fletcher Bird, Betsy Bird... who are examples of full-bodied characters. I'd like to know if any of them appear in the film.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Personally I imagine that Bobo will fill in that final place, with this kept as a surprise from the trailers so that we won't know that he turns good.

However, I really hope that Amy and Jason are not in the blank arches...surely they wouldn't do that?

I'm holding out for Uncle Deadly and Walter.
  4. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Can I ask what the recreated intro was like? I know some arches were blank. What was the intro like, was it like the Season 5 intro? Oh! was the song also re-recorded as well or did they use the original recording of the song?
  5. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Behemoth is a puppet that can be turned full-body such as in Sandy Duncan episode but it's been a long time since they've done that...certainly not since TMS.
  6. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

the arches def wont be bobo, uncle deadly, jason, amy, or walter... just because of when that scene is shown during the movie. im pretty sure it will just be random characters who are being put in. it has gotten more and more full since the preview screening, just because of how much time and work is going into that shot. they arent trying to hide anything for a surprise I can assure you.
    and as far as what season opener is it more like, its most like the season 2 opener... im pretty sure it was fozzie telling a joke during the break (but for some reason im thinking statler and waldorf either heckel him or kermit in this scene too) and i can tell you for sure the arches were used for the chorus line and the shot that we're talking about in this thread... which would make it most similar to season 2
  7. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Fozzie's joke was season 1 only. The arches were used in seasons 2-5 (with the same footage shot in season 2 of the final verse being used for the rest of the run)

I disagree that something's not being hidden for a surprise because i know what that surprise could possibly be and this is something that really works best unspoilered.

Quite frankly i was a little disheartened that they even showed any footage of the recreation of the Muppet Show theme used in the trailers since that would have been such a great surprise to have in the theatre when you're seeing the film for the first time...but i guess the images were too strong to not include in the advertising for the film. But i gotta hand it to them...not only do the empty arches (possibly) save something for the film but it also generates buzz from fans wondering "why are there empty arches" Pretty shrewd in a good way actually.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I think it's a safe assumption that the opening is what starts the telethon (since we see Kermit in the O of "The Muppet Show Telethon" logo being pulled up like in the opening), but I always thought the redone opening would have been a great way to either start or end the movie (though I think it's been reported that the big number outside hollywood boulevard is the ending). It could have started with the redone opening, and then at the end, right after singing the line "This is what we call...", it could have cut to black, and then we get to the opening credits and start of the plot.

And of course the redone opening could have been used at the very end, right before the credits, since the script DW read supposedly showed the Muppets getting their show back on the air at the end.
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Well, I doubt the theme would come after the telethon.
  10. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

.....Or does it?! 0___0

Just kidding, haha.
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

When I heard Wayne and Wanda get dialogue, I figured maybe they'd sing a song that'd end early. But the track listing for the soudntrack has been announced and there's no Wayne and Wanda track, so I guess their dialogue comes in some other way (unless they do get a song and it just doesn't appear on the album).
  12. Mupp

Mupp Member

I apologize if my original post in this thread sounded harsh. which was apparently deleted.

I am simply trying to be rational.

I do NOT think that that this thread is a good idea. It is NOT a good idea to reveal so many details about the film. Now, a good majority of the film has been spoiled, and everyone who participated in this thread will no longer be surprised when they watch the movie.

Also, I do NOT think that it is a good idea for people to ask so many questions. I mean, people have asked things like;

"Is Pepe in it?"
    "Is there much Rowlf?"
    "Does this character have dialogue?"
    "How is Walter?"
    "Are the Muppets the stars?" (Ahem...."This is their movie")

The original poster has been assaulted with questions. Why are people demanding so many specific answers about every single tiny aspect of the film? Why are people not able to wait until they see the film? Don't any of you want to be surprised? Isn't that the whole point of watching a movie? To be surprised?

As a result of this thread, most of the movie's content is spoiled. So now, everyone from this thread will see the movie and then think "Oh, so that's what he meant" Instead of being generally surprised by the film and saying "Oh wow!". As a result, this will color people's opinions of the film and they will not be able to judge the movie from an impartial point of view.

I would really appreciate if what I said here would be discussed. These are legitimate concerns.

Thanks
  13. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

If you don't think this thread is a good idea, then don't read it. Some people like spoilers and some don't. I definitely do not think that most of the movie's content is spoiled here- there are many aspects of this movie that no one could really depict on a forum thread and if you think people that read this are impartial- think again. Most of us are Muppet fans so we're already biased, in an absolutely good way I'd like to point out. If the person who saw the preview doesn't want to answer questions, they don't have to. I'm almost positive that all of us are still going to be surprised after seeing the movie.

I have two words for you my friend: Chill Pill. Take one, you'll feel better, trust me!
  14. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

I just want to point out the irony that nobody had posted in this thread for a week, and your post about why people shouldn't read it brought the thread back to life.
    dwmckim likes this.
  15. Mupp

Mupp Member

.....Ultimately, I am just astounded by the barrage of questions that people have asked.

So you guys basically want to know everything about the movie before you see it?

The questions that people have asked early on in this thread are borderline obsessive compulsive. I'm excited too, but there's no need to be so concerned about every aspect of the film to the point that you have to ask about them to get reassurance. Try to stay optimistic.

Never fear, the film is almost here!
  16. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

my question is i wonder how many full body charcters we will see
  17. matleo

matleo Active Member

my question is "would anyone like a muffin?"
    Beauregard likes this.
  18. muppetlover123

19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

YOU have the muffins?! I've been looking for those for days!
  20. muppetlover123

same but i want some cake