Best/Worst songs from Muppet films

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't say I have a least favorite from any movie... but all my least favorites come from MFS... maybe the exception of Pepe singing "The Gambler," just.... another stupid decision to make use of one specific genre of song... One I happen to enjoy, but it comes out of left field, doesn't exactly mesh with the plot, and robs us of the Muppets singing something.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised that was so often voted as the worst song. It's a nice number, and Johnny Mathis I believe also did a very moving version in one of the Muppet specials. :smile:
Yeah, Mathis sang it in "Muppets Go Hollywood". Originally, he was to have sung it in TMM, but Jim Henson thought it would be funnier if Piggy sang it.

As for favorite/least favorite, I honestly can't say that I have a least favorite other than maybe Piggy's Fantasy from GMC. Outiside of that, it's hard for me to choose a favorite.

Gonz21

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie
Most favorite - Movin' Right Along
Least favorite - Never Before, Never Again

The Great Muppet Caper
Most favorite - Happiness Hotel
Least favorite - Piggy's Fantasy

The Muppets Take Manhattan
Most favorite - Saying Goodbye
Least favorite - Together Again

The Muppet Christmas Carol
Most favorite - Scrooge
Least favorite - The Love is Gone

Muppet Treasure Island
Most favorite - Every song
Least favorite - I don't have one

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Most favorite - Scrooge
Least favorite - The Love is Gone
UGH! The Love is Gone scene stops the movie COLD! No wonder they took it out for film screenings only to put it back in the home video editions. I like MCC, but the very reasoning behind long segments with NO Muppets like that is the reason it's not a favorite of mine.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
UGH! The Love is Gone scene stops the movie COLD! No wonder they took it out for film screenings only to put it back in the home video editions. I like MCC, but the very reasoning behind long segments with NO Muppets like that is the reason it's not a favorite of mine.
I actually like the Love is Gone. It shows how Belle really felt about Scrooge caring more about money. It also was the first moment that showed Older Scrooge did have a heart, but just didn't like showing it. I think it's a sweet song, and one of the few moments with just humans I like in Muppet Movies.

Lucinda

Reaction score
I havent watched some of the movies in a while and I have yet to watch The Great Muppet Caper, anyhow my favourite songs are:

The Muppet Movie: Rainbow Connection and Moving Right Along
The Muppets Take Manhattan: either Saying Goodbye or The Muppet Babies Song (I'm unsure if that is the correct title)
The Muppets Christmas Carol: I really enjoyed the Scrooge song and the cheerful one near the end (again I forgot the name).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Alright, I give in, lol, here we go:

The Muppet Movie
Most favorite: Movin Right Along (a lot of sentimenal value for me :smile: )
Least favorite: ::sigh:: I'll have to give an update later, VERY hard to choose, lol

Great Muppet Caper
Most favorite: Steppin Out with a Star and Piggy's Fantasy
Least favorite: Night life (Nice song, just feels like filler)

Muppets Take Manhattan
Most favorite: Seriously, the ENTIRE song and soundtrack is amazing, lol
Least favorite: If I HAD to choose, it would be You Can't Take Know for an Answer. Again, not a bad song, just more of an exposition song to move the plot forward

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I havent watched some of the movies in a while and I have yet to watch The Great Muppet Caper, anyhow my favourite songs are:

The Muppet Movie: Rainbow Connection and Moving Right Along
The Muppets Take Manhattan: either Saying Goodbye or The Muppet Babies Song (I'm unsure if that is the correct title)
The Muppets Christmas Carol: I really enjoyed the Scrooge song and the cheerful one near the end (again I forgot the name).
The Muppet Baby song is called I'm Gonna Always Love You. ( I think that one's cute too) The Cheerful Song is called A Thankful Heart (My 2nd favorite song probablyMCC has some of the best music.
Alright, I give in, lol, here we go:

The Muppet Movie
Most favorite: Movin Right Along (a lot of sentimenal value for me :smile: )
Least favorite: ::sigh:: I'll have to give an update later, VERY hard to choose, lol

Great Muppet Caper
Most favorite: Steppin Out with a Star and Piggy's Fantasy
Least favorite: Night life (Nice song, just feels like filler)

Muppets Take Manhattan
Most favorite: Seriously, the ENTIRE song and soundtrack is amazing, lol
Least favorite: If I HAD to choose, it would be You Can't Take Know for an Answer. Again, not a bad song, just more of an exposition song to move the plot forward
Night life isn't special, so I guess that's my least favorite instead of Piggy's Fantasy (I like Piggy's song but Nicky's voice drives me bananas!)