Your Thoughts: Ok Go and The Muppets on The Tonight Show

dwmckim

Reaction score
Oh of course, even a disappointing Muppet appearance is worth at least watching rather than missing altogether.

They really could/should have done more. I mean at least a LITTLE something more - have an extra little surprise in the song or something interesting with the ending. I mean when you have a band with such a visually innovative reputation (in both vids and live appearances) and it's announced ahead of time that they're performing with the Muppets and it's just Animal on drums, there's no way they couldn't be aware they were setting up a lot of people for disappointment. They could have had Muppets come out and do a pyramid for the last verse (think how much of a crowdpleaser that would have been if you weren't expecting it) or an after-comment from Statler & Waldorf - anything really.

And if the live performance was going to be comparatively bland, would it have killed them to show a clip from the video like going into or coming out of commercial with the caption "coming up - OK Go with The Muppets" and people could have got a glimpse of the fabulousness that is the video.

Oh well, it just goes to show that when the pig spends a show locked in an office, the fabulousosity potential is muzzled.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
watching no muppets yet but funny puppet joke
jey leno "i guess we dont have to spend money on drums for a puppet" for animal lol:halo:
and the miss piggy bit is hilarious " i am in The Muppets on November 23" way to spread the word Disney! :mad:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Oh of course, even a disappointing Muppet appearance is worth at least watching rather than missing altogether.

They really could/should have done more. I mean at least a LITTLE something more - have an extra little surprise in the song or something interesting with the ending. I mean when you have a band with such a visually innovative reputation (in both vids and live appearances) and it's announced ahead of time that they're performing with the Muppets and it's just Animal on drums, there's no way they couldn't be aware they were setting up a lot of people for disappointment. They could have had Muppets come out and do a pyramid for the last verse (think how much of a crowdpleaser that would have been if you weren't expecting it) or an after-comment from Statler & Waldorf - anything really.

And if the live performance was going to be comparatively bland, would it have killed them to show a clip from the video like going into or coming out of commercial with the caption "coming up - OK Go with The Muppets" and people could have got a glimpse of the fabulousness that is the video.

Oh well, it just goes to show that when the pig spends a show locked in an office, the fabulousosity potential is muzzled.
Exactly all the adults looks on their faces when they saw like wayne or wanda or uncle deadly remembering their old childhood friends

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
meh. It was cool to see some Muppet love and OK Go has been one of my favorite groups since their album, but I have to admit that this appearance was weak. I cringed at Animal's "rock and roll" line just as I did in his hammy "mama" routine in that Queen tribute a while back. I usually enjoy Eric's performances, but this was too kiddified Cookie rather than manic Animal imho. I could have done with even a silent Mayhem band backing them up. Again, this was okay, but doesn't warrant a second viewing. I was really looking forward to this after a long, very bad day. oh well...

Reaction score
Agreed! "You don't mess with Animal. He eats glass, man".
Really hoping to see Eric bring that mania to him in the movie.

Studmeister17

Reaction score
Just watched the video. Really big let down. I mean, I know they couldn't do as big of a show as in the music video, but it would have been cool with some more Muppets.
Oh well. Eric is doing a GREAT job as Animal! I can't wait to see the movie!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just watched the video. Really big let down. I mean, I know they couldn't do as big of a show as in the music video, but it would have been cool with some more Muppets.
Oh well. Eric is doing a GREAT job as Animal! I can't wait to see the movie!
Agreed.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
While I was expecting all the muppets and not just Piggy and Animal, I still thought it was a good appearance. I loved Miss Piggy's nod to The Muppets and Animals's drum solo and I did like OK Go's performance. It still could've used more muppets, but over all, I'll give this appearance a 7/10. I'm somewhat satisfied.

Reaction score
I actually hadn't watched it until just now (I was just trying to be cool :oops:). Animal actually killed it on that drum solo. It's great to see him doing drum solos until the point of nearly passing out again! OK Go sounded great, and while I like seeing animal go completely nuts (he kind of did during the end of that second solo :halo:), I'm growing to really love that extra bit of goofiness that Eric brings to him, too. Everyone did a great job. Plus they get extra points for having a theremin and a muppet on the same show. Piggy was great too.