1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Ok Go and The Muppets on The Tonight Show

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Ok Go and The Muppets will perform together on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC this Wednesday August 31. Watch the show and then discuss the appearance.

Ok Go is featured on the new release "Muppets: The Green Album." Download The Green Album or order The Green Album on CD. Listen to The Green Album on Muppet Central Radio.

Did you miss this show? Watch Miss Piggy's intro here and watch Ok Go and Animal here. And watch backstage with Allison Janney, Jay Mohr, OK Go, Animal and Miss Piggy.
    Studmeister17 and ploobis like this.
  2. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

So this isn't Ok Go and the Muppets, it's OK Go with Animal from the Muppets. That stinks!
  3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Well Miss Piggy appeared at the beginning.
  4. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Yeah I saw Miss Piggy. I want to stay up to see OK Go and Animal (even though I was expecting THE MUPPETS, not just Animal), but I rully should go to bed earlier...
  5. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Kinda a let down..i mean i love animal but i was expecting animal...the music video was much better
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Yes... the music video with a week-long shooting time, huge budget, special effects, and large cast of puppeteers WAS much better than a live performance in a very limited area with very limited puppets.

I loved the appearance. Animal was having SO much fun and Eric was so great--both as Animal and Piggy at the beginning. I love random appearances like this... and OK Go sure as heck loved it too. Animal got to rock out and it was so much fun to watch.
    KoozbanianFrakl likes this.
  7. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

really thats all no other muppets i havent seen it yet that sucks i may not watch it now
  8. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Pretty good. I have to say, I was disappointed when I heard it was just Animal, but this didn't let me down, especially Piggy at the beginning.
  9. muppetlover123

so no other muppets wow really
  10. KoozbanianFrakl

KoozbanianFrakl New Member

Two muppets is still a lot better than your average muppetless talk show 2>0
    One more beautiful thing to hold me over until November!
  11. muppetlover123

should i still watch it
  12. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Oh of course, even a disappointing Muppet appearance is worth at least watching rather than missing altogether.

They really could/should have done more. I mean at least a LITTLE something more - have an extra little surprise in the song or something interesting with the ending. I mean when you have a band with such a visually innovative reputation (in both vids and live appearances) and it's announced ahead of time that they're performing with the Muppets and it's just Animal on drums, there's no way they couldn't be aware they were setting up a lot of people for disappointment. They could have had Muppets come out and do a pyramid for the last verse (think how much of a crowdpleaser that would have been if you weren't expecting it) or an after-comment from Statler & Waldorf - anything really.

And if the live performance was going to be comparatively bland, would it have killed them to show a clip from the video like going into or coming out of commercial with the caption "coming up - OK Go with The Muppets" and people could have got a glimpse of the fabulousness that is the video.

Oh well, it just goes to show that when the pig spends a show locked in an office, the fabulousosity potential is muzzled.
  13. muppetlover123

watching no muppets yet but funny puppet joke
    jey leno "i guess we dont have to spend money on drums for a puppet" for animal lol:halo:
    and the miss piggy bit is hilarious " i am in The Muppets on November 23" way to spread the word Disney! :mad:
  14. muppetlover123

Exactly all the adults looks on their faces when they saw like wayne or wanda or uncle deadly remembering their old childhood friends
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

meh. It was cool to see some Muppet love and OK Go has been one of my favorite groups since their album, but I have to admit that this appearance was weak. I cringed at Animal's "rock and roll" line just as I did in his hammy "mama" routine in that Queen tribute a while back. I usually enjoy Eric's performances, but this was too kiddified Cookie rather than manic Animal imho. I could have done with even a silent Mayhem band backing them up. Again, this was okay, but doesn't warrant a second viewing. I was really looking forward to this after a long, very bad day. oh well...
  16. KoozbanianFrakl

Agreed! "You don't mess with Animal. He eats glass, man".
    Really hoping to see Eric bring that mania to him in the movie.
  17. Studmeister17

Studmeister17 New Member

Just watched the video. Really big let down. I mean, I know they couldn't do as big of a show as in the music video, but it would have been cool with some more Muppets.
    Oh well. Eric is doing a GREAT job as Animal! I can't wait to see the movie!
    KoozbanianFrakl likes this.
  18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Agreed.
  19. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

While I was expecting all the muppets and not just Piggy and Animal, I still thought it was a good appearance. I loved Miss Piggy's nod to The Muppets and Animals's drum solo and I did like OK Go's performance. It still could've used more muppets, but over all, I'll give this appearance a 7/10. I'm somewhat satisfied.
  20. KoozbanianFrakl

I actually hadn't watched it until just now (I was just trying to be cool :oops:). Animal actually killed it on that drum solo. It's great to see him doing drum solos until the point of nearly passing out again! OK Go sounded great, and while I like seeing animal go completely nuts (he kind of did during the end of that second solo :halo:), I'm growing to really love that extra bit of goofiness that Eric brings to him, too. Everyone did a great job. Plus they get extra points for having a theremin and a muppet on the same show. Piggy was great too.