Misinforming Superfoods?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes! I agree; I'm looking forward to those Muppet Happy Meals once the new movie rolls around. Hey, they did it with all the other non Muppet productions
I have a STRONG feeling we're NOT going to see that. Disney slashed off any ties to that, save for a Marvel Super Hero prize sometime last year.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Tell me about the food snobbery. Just recently came across a commercial about cheese featuring a young Elijah Wood. Aside from the comments on how cute little Frodo is, some of the comments (from non-Americans) about the cheese being put on broccoli got to me with their pretentiousness, so I responded.

Seriously, is it really such a crime to put something like cheese on vegetables? It's better for kids to eat them like this than to not eat them at all, or forcing them to eat them plain and turn them off veggies for the rest of their life. That's just fine and dandy if people in your countries can eat them without it, but you don't have to be so smug about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbOqWKm7Cmg

Drtooth

Reaction score
It depends.

If they're Europeans, then well... Europeans mock us and those long, rectangular blocks of overprocessed dairy fat we call "Cheezzeee". They even laugh about how we keep it in the refrigerator...

As for vegetables, well.. cooking them to begin with takes away a good amount of their nutritional value. To really get the nutritional effects of broccoli, you kinda need to eat it raw. It's not something most people find pleasant, especially kids. Me? I could eat the stuff raw if it's cut up into small enough pieces. I like most vegetables myself... just have a hard time accessing it. But "cheezze" on overcooked Broccoli is STILL eating veggies in my book.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
What? They're upset about this, but not about Yo Gabba Gabba having characters swallow food whole?! That's ridiculous.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What? They're upset about this, but not about Yo Gabba Gabba having characters swallow food whole?! That's ridiculous.
More like they're upset about this, but not Cookie Monster eating a truck...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
More like they're upset about this, but not Cookie Monster eating a truck...
Oh yes now I remember him doing that in Follow That Bird, but children know they can't eat cars or trucks. It's supposed to be funny.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Oh yes now I remember him doing that in Follow That Bird, but children know they can't eat cars or trucks. It's supposed to be funny.
Children also had to have the disclaimer that you don't stand up in or jump from moving cars when that stunt was pulled off in the movie.

"Gordon, you know you shouldn't jump from a moving car! Why, I shouldn't even be standing up."

"You have my permission. Just this once. Now COME ON!"

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Children also had to have the disclaimer that you don't stand up in or jump from moving cars when that stunt was pulled off in the movie.

"Gordon, you know you shouldn't jump from a moving car! Why, I shouldn't even be standing up."

"You have my permission. Just this once. Now COME ON!"
Yes, but that's because while children have more sense than that, they'd be much more likely to try that than to eat a car. Cookie Monster's consumption of the car wasn't the first time he ate something he shouldn't have. (the first I know of since it came out before I was born was Christmas Eve On Sesame Street when he eats the phone) It also wasn't the last time (eating the actual lettres of the day). Children are smarter than you think, and don't do something just because a cartoon or Muppet does. Jim understood that, but why can't people get it today?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Yes, but that's because while children have more sense than that, they'd be much more likely to try that than to eat a car. Cookie Monster's consumption of the car wasn't the first time he ate something he shouldn't have. (the first I know of since it came out before I was born was Christmas Eve On Sesame Street when he eats the phone) It also wasn't the last time (eating the actual lettres of the day). Children are smarter than you think, and don't do something just because a cartoon or Muppet does. Jim understood that, but why can't people get it today?
:smile: Exactly! Children needed that disclaimer for the jumping out of the moving vehicle thing, but in other areas they're smarter than adults realize.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
:smile: Exactly! Children needed that disclaimer for the jumping out of the moving vehicle thing, but in other areas they're smarter than adults realize.
I'm glad we agree bingboingcutie, I mean Sesame Street isn't afraid to give their characters small faults and do things kids aren't supposed to do. Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock portray child-like characters the way they should be, innocent at heart but still show that no one's perfect. Nick Jr shows always make one or two characters they err, but have the other main characters do nothing but criticize their friend's faults. It gets really annoying. That's why Fraggle Rock is my favorite kid show, and Sesame Street is up there with some of my other favorites.