Official Henson Podcast

dwmckim

Reaction score
Some of this you may have already done (i can only access from the library so i'm a bit behind on all the podcasts)

More on Hot Dog TV. How many were made/will there be more...i only ever caught two of them.

I'd love to hear an interview with (or feature on) Jane Henson as a puppeteer. Usually when Jane is interviewed or mentioned, it's in regards to being a supporting figure or anecdotes about Jim or others but she's really one of the unsung heroes of Muppeteering - even though Jim did all the voices, her puppetry skills were really quite amazing especially since she was really the first one there along with Jim developing this whole new style - i'd love her to get her due as a performer in her own right.

BOOM!'S FARSCAPE COMICS! Boom!'s Muppet comics and Archaia's Fraggle comics have gotten all the attention and huge praise from the Muppet/Henson fansites and forums but all the while, the Farscape comics came first and have provided all the laughs, tears, action, character arcs and surprises as the show and has allowed the story of Farscape to continue (in canon!) beyond the miniseries. This is one of Henson Company's great acheivements with one of its most loved franchises and constantly flies under everyone's radar with no fanfare or recognition when it so deserves better.

The Dinosaur Train voice cast. Henson fans were initially surprised/disappointed that none of "the usual suspects" were doing voices but speaking personally, after i got used to them, i was quickly won over - they've got some real talented voice artists on the show who have been largely responsible for making the characters as fun, warm, friendly, and likable as they are.

- Henson "might have beens" - spotlights on projects that never made it to final production whether they were filmed, video pitches/experiments or just on paper. One thing i'd love to hear about is Screaming Edith.

- The Henson Company and philanthropy - a look at the various charities, social causes, etc that Henson Co has supported.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Some of this you may have already done (i can only access from the library so i'm a bit behind on all the podcasts)

More on Hot Dog TV. How many were made/will there be more...i only ever caught two of them.

I'd love to hear an interview with (or feature on) Jane Henson as a puppeteer. Usually when Jane is interviewed or mentioned, it's in regards to being a supporting figure or anecdotes about Jim or others but she's really one of the unsung heroes of Muppeteering - even though Jim did all the voices, her puppetry skills were really quite amazing especially since she was really the first one there along with Jim developing this whole new style - i'd love her to get her due as a performer in her own right.

BOOM!'S FARSCAPE COMICS! Boom!'s Muppet comics and Archaia's Fraggle comics have gotten all the attention and huge praise from the Muppet/Henson fansites and forums but all the while, the Farscape comics came first and have provided all the laughs, tears, action, character arcs and surprises as the show and has allowed the story of Farscape to continue (in canon!) beyond the miniseries. This is one of Henson Company's great acheivements with one of its most loved franchises and constantly flies under everyone's radar with no fanfare or recognition when it so deserves better.

The Dinosaur Train voice cast. Henson fans were initially surprised/disappointed that none of "the usual suspects" were doing voices but speaking personally, after i got used to them, i was quickly won over - they've got some real talented voice artists on the show who have been largely responsible for making the characters as fun, warm, friendly, and likable as they are.

- Henson "might have beens" - spotlights on projects that never made it to final production whether they were filmed, video pitches/experiments or just on paper. One thing i'd love to hear about is Screaming Edith.

- The Henson Company and philanthropy - a look at the various charities, social causes, etc that Henson Co has supported.
THanks for this D.W.. Brought a lot of these topics up in the meeting and they were well received! We'll see what makes it. Stay tuned.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Looking for your questions about...

LOVE! :flirt:

Just in time for Valentine's Day,everyone's favorite Facilities Engineer, Steve will answering your questions about love in a special video podcast edition of the Henson.com podcast!

Send your questions in before 11:59PM on Wednesday, February 2, 2001 and Steve just might answer your question on the podcast!

You can email your question to podcast @ henson . com (no spaces) or send it via Twitter to http://www.Twitter.com/HensonPodcast or just post a reply here!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
The latest episode of the Henson.com Podcast has the complete Jim Henson section of the Disney Legends Ceremony. This is a feed direct from Disney and the quality is pretty great. Going to be getting it up on the Henson YouTube channel soon. Here's the link... http://www.henson.com/podcast.php?content=119 You can download it by subscribing to the podcast via iTunes. (Which will let you watch it in a much arguer format than watching on the site above.)!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The latest episode of the Henson.com Podcast has the complete Jim Henson section of the Disney Legends Ceremony. This is a feed direct from Disney and the quality is pretty great. Going to be getting it up on the Henson YouTube channel soon. Here's the link... http://www.henson.com/podcast.php?content=119 You can download it by subscribing to the podcast via iTunes. (Which will let you watch it in a much arguer format than watching on the site above.)!
When you guys post it on YouTube, can you do something about the audio?

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
When you guys post it on YouTube, can you do something about the audio?
Unfortunately, that's the audio that disney gave us from their feed. Not the best I know, but the best we got. Thanks for listening (even as is)!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's great to see that video tribute in clean, crisp quality. And my lord, that archive footage looks so pristine! Especially the Muppets at Walt Disney World. Remind me why that wasn't the first thing they released when they go the Muppets.