"The Muppets: The Pig with the Froggy Tattoo" Teaser Trailer Online

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just looked through some of the stills...

Loving Strangepork's Schveater Vest.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I adore that. I also love the trench coat that we've been seeing Link in lately. They have some simply stunning clothes in the movie. Kermit in Brooks Brothers!

TSSD

Reaction score
*sniffle*
Yes, I UNDERSTAND that the picture could be a screenshot from the movie (as in, MTM). However ... *sniffle* ... HOWEVER ... if that had been all a fantasy, the picture SHOULD NOT exist! *squees with utter delight in voice only dogs can hear* THEY HAVE A PICTURE! IT WAS REAL ... REAL, I TELL YOU! *faints*
*cough*takenformovie*cough*

Beauregard

Reaction score
*cough*takenformovie*cough*
Regardless of taken for movie, or taken from movie, or taken in real life, Kermit and Piggy are still standing beside each other, talking about or at least showing a photo of both of them, ripped in half. Married or unmarried...romance is certainly on the cards.

I've imagined so ever since it was announced to be released for Valentine's Day over here.

TSSD

Reaction score
Regardless of taken for movie, or taken from movie, or taken in real life, Kermit and Piggy are still standing beside each other, talking about or at least showing a photo of both of them, ripped in half. Married or unmarried...romance is certainly on the cards.

I've imagined so ever since it was announced to be released for Valentine's Day over here.
Oh, I'm not denying that. I was just saying it doesn't mean that their marriage actually happened, even in the universe of this movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, I UNDERSTAND that the picture could be a screenshot from the movie (as in, MTM). However ... *sniffle* ... HOWEVER ... if that had been all a fantasy, the picture SHOULD NOT exist! *squees with utter delight in voice only dogs can hear* THEY HAVE A PICTURE! IT WAS REAL ... REAL, I TELL YOU! *faints*
I really don't want to read into the movie, reading makes self spoilers... but you gotta realize. This is only the second Muppet movie that referenced past movies. And only because VMX made that reference to Doc Hopper's in the world where Kermit was never born. So basically, I get the feeling we have references to the first 3 movies, but those 3 movies never really fit together. Any reference to GMC would be strange (and if Charles Grodin were in it, they would have linked it with this film), as they even say in the movie they're playing characters in a movie (Fozzie and Kermit being brothers was a throwaway gag, not canon).

Again, trying to put Muppets in canon is maddening. The only thing taken literally would be the Muppet Movie... but then stuff from the Muppet Show doesn't work.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really don't want to read into the movie, reading makes self spoilers... but you gotta realize. This is only the second Muppet movie that referenced past movies. And only because VMX made that reference to Doc Hopper's in the world where Kermit was never born.
I feel like VMX referenced all of the movies, with the exception of Muppet Treasure Isand and Kermit's Swamp Years.
  • The Muppet Movie - A line from The Rainbow Connection is inscribed on a statue of Kermit (in addition to the Doc Hopper mention).
  • The Great Muppet Caper - The scene with the characters arguing over not wanting to work for free and then having a change of heart feels like the scene where everyone tries to get out of stopping the thieves and then changing their minds. Note in both cases Fozzie gets them to stop talking and convinces them (I think he also says "shame on you" both times), and in both Scooter is the first one after Fozzie to change his mind.
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan - Early on, while working on the Christmas show, Kermit remarks that "something's missing".
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol - Before the show starts, Bunsen and Beaker are dressed in their clothes from the movie.

outerelf

Reaction score
Y0u know, after reading over Toughpigs and The Muppet Mindset's breakdown of the trailer, I'm going have to say that I like both, but The Muppet Mindset was a little better. It had more pictures, more squeeing.