"The Muppets: The Pig with the Froggy Tattoo" Teaser Trailer Online

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel like VMX referenced all of the movies, with the exception of Muppet Treasure Isand and Kermit's Swamp Years.
  • The Muppet Movie - A line from The Rainbow Connection is inscribed on a statue of Kermit (in addition to the Doc Hopper mention).
  • The Great Muppet Caper - The scene with the characters arguing over not wanting to work for free and then having a change of heart feels like the scene where everyone tries to get out of stopping the thieves and then changing their minds. Note in both cases Fozzie gets them to stop talking and convinces them (I think he also says "shame on you" both times), and in both Scooter is the first one after Fozzie to change his mind.
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan - Early on, while working on the Christmas show, Kermit remarks that "something's missing".
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol - Before the show starts, Bunsen and Beaker are dressed in their clothes from the movie.
I mean direct references to events that happened in earlier films. Those are sort of throw back jokes. We have never had movies that referenced events from prior films before that.

Why the heck every time I go to that certain theater I ALWAYS see the Green with Envy trailer? i'd've killed to see this in front of Lion King 3-D. Didn't give a crap about the 3-D... I just wanted to see it on the big screen again. Plus, I only have the VHS tape and my VCR broke months ago.

Reaction score
I'd also suggest that its "Comedy of skills" rather than Probably your skills, and maybe ills not years?
Close, but I keep hearing "Company of skills" (like as in a musical/show company). I'm not positive, but I think I'm hearing a "P". I'm also thinking it's definitely ills as you suggest. I hear an "L" where I used to think I heard a "Y".
Also, I'd like to agree with those who say this is the best trailer spoof so far. It has a lot of original footage and features quite a variety of Muppets. I can't get over all the classic characters that are returning to the big screen! I don't care if they don't have speaking parts, it's still frickin' awesome! To think that they bothered to rebuild Thog! (One of favorite character designs) This particular trailer has so much energy and helps build up the movie as a fun and exciting story. The song is amazing as well!
By the way, while this may be my first post, I've actually been lurking around here for years. Apparently it took a really exciting movie trailer and a lyrics discussion to get me to officially join. Then again, we've only been waiting 12 years for this movie.

beaker

Reaction score
I wish there was a full length version of the electronic "froggy tattoo" song. DW Mckim mentioned some goosebumps inducing parts of the new trailer...for me its toward the end when the curtain rises, and especially after the "so worth it" part. It's very aggressively unapolagetic about the Muppets being back and edgier than ever.

Im just getting nervous about the complete lack of awareness outside internet trailers and lack of merchandise. I didnt think the Diz would be playing this so close to the chest.

Also I keep noticing seriously obscure/background TMS characters with all these new trailers...crazy sauce

I think Disney needs to release a GOOD full length final trailer, and just go all out Toy Store 3 level of marketing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Edit:
Oh, and does anyone know if Jim Lewis is writing for these trailers? It totally sounds like his flavor of awesomeness.
It DOES sound like his writing. I was just thinking the other day that we haven't asked him any questions or sent him any interviews for AGES. I bet he's been heavily involved with all the periferal (sp?) stuff to the movie, even though he wasn't too involved with the film itself.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
just saw the trailer and its great the recreation of the opening is brilliant cool to also see the mutations will be in the movie which is wonderful can't wait for the movie

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I loved this trailer it was definetly the most exotic and exciting one out there. I loved how it had a torn picture of Kermit and Miss Piggy and they were each holding one half. I can't wait for this movie to come!

terrimonster

Reaction score
Close, but I keep hearing "Company of skills" (like as in a musical/show company). I'm not positive, but I think I'm hearing a "P". I'm also thinking it's definitely ills as you suggest. I hear an "L" where I used to think I heard a "Y".
Yes! Company sounds better. I was hearing the P, which was why comedy sounded close but not quite there.