Will there be Muppets McDonalds toys?

Beauregard

Reaction score
We'd have to wait until the Puss in Boots toys come out and look under those boxes to disprove this rumor.
Or we could pop into the future and check? Been there, done that.

beaker

Reaction score
The non-Muppet Wikipedia. The one that doesn't have rigid standards and requires proof of anything. I WANT to believe that there's going to be one... I can tell you already there's clearly one for Puss in Boots (their main competition, even though it comes out 2 weeks prior). But even the info is strange. The promotion comes about 2 weeks after the movie comes out? It's always a week prior, the day of the release at the latest... unless this is an international thing.

Yeah, it's like Disney is morbidly afraid of getting bad press for marketing junk food to the only people in the world that can successfully metabolize and digest it - children. I completely agree with the small government types when it comes to this stuff... keep your Whole foods shopping, suburban SUV driving, get hysterical over obesity stories on the news hands off my Happy Meal prizes. It's the one thing left I can afford to collect, even if I buy them separately. They can ALWAYS be bough separately.

I'd LOVE to see Muppet toys (provided they aren't plush) to go nuts to try to collect only to wind up getting less than half of them. I treasure my 2 collections of different Batman Brave and the Bold, the Young Justice, and even the Smurf figures I got more recently. I wish I could say the same for the Muppets, but that doesn't seem to have a grain of truth to it.
McD happy meals always begin the week before a film comes out, unless its specifically relating to a dvd release or rerelease.

Now, that said Disney DOES have fast food tie-ins with other fast food places. They have The Lion King at subway, but they aren't toys. Subway and Sbarro used to have a lot of Muppet/Sesame/Bear tie-ins back in the day. But Jack in the Box 2003 was the only time we ever got actual action figures. I never got why the Treasure Island toys were lame baby bath toys when Notre Dame a couple months later got really nice action figures in Happy Meal form.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Now, that said Disney DOES have fast food tie-ins with other fast food places. They have The Lion King at subway, but they aren't toys.
Yeah but Subway, as far as the general media is considered, is look at as "healthy fast food," so Disney doing a tie in with them, probably wouldn't be look at as bad as McDonalds.

Like I said in my first post, I've never heard of McDonalds announcing toys months in advance. I hate to say it again, but I really don't think these toys are coming.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Or we could pop into the future and check? Been there, done that.
If you head that way again, any chance you could bring back a Hover Board and some self-lacing shoes? I don't want to wait another four years for them.

Beauregard

Reaction score
If you head that way again, any chance you could bring back a Hover Board and some self-lacing shoes? I don't want to wait another four years for them.
Sure...Shall I bring back the lyrics to the songs for the new Muppet Movie so we can get prepared ahead of time to sing our lungs out at the opening?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Giving the movie full Rocky Horror treatment? :big_grin:

Hmmm... how long til we see a Muppet-themed episode of Glee?

Beauregard

Reaction score
One of my all time dream crossovers would be a Muppet themed Glee! Covers of their top songs (ala Green Album) and some Muppet dream sequences...PURE. MAGIC.