Will there be Muppets McDonalds toys?

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Oh please no glee. I can't stand that show.

Anyway I hope this isn't true! I need to go on a diet and wanting to get all the McDonald's toys for the movie wouldn't help. I wouldn't mind Subway stuff though!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah but Subway, as far as the general media is considered, is look at as "healthy fast food," so Disney doing a tie in with them, probably wouldn't be look at as bad as McDonalds.
Yeah... as if nitrate filled, ultracured meat like substances on microwaved bread is all that much healthier.

I swear, this self imposed healthstappo stuff needs to stop. Too many soccer moms watch too many "obesity epidemic" scare reports on the news and now we can't have kid's meal toys that are of quality. I mean, Twinkle toes mini shoes? Kid's Bop albums? I'm glad this year had so many good ones... but really.

And meanwhile Disney makes fruitsnacks shaped like various characters. Gap of logic, much?

I'd LOVE to see the Muppets have some nice MCD figures, but it's gonna be something else.

Though... Disney DID license the Muppet ornaments to American Greetings when everything else was at Hallmark for a while.... read into that as far as you want.

BornToWemble

Reaction score
But you can put lettuce on Subway! Healthy! And the fruit snacks have vitamin c! HEALTHY! You gotta have those, don't want the kids getting scurvy.

Didn't McDonald's add healthy choices to happy meals though? It's not the company's fault if people don't want to eat healthy. If all these soccer moms spent as much time cooking meals for their kids as they do complaining about fast food, they wouldn't need to resort to fast food. I mean I ate McDonalds as a kid. It didn't make me fat- the cyst I didn't know was in my head until this year most likely did (though I can't tell when it showed up).

You can't control everything and it's not the world's job to baby sit.

Ranting and jokes aside, I really miss the Disney McDonalds toys. They were so awesome! I remember the Little Mermaid ones. I loved those. Okay showing my age now... I would hope that there was some sort of Muppet Prize with some sort of kids meal thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
McDonalds was supposedly going to FORCE kids to get the apples and shrink the fries to an obscenely small amount. I don't know when this is happening, and luckily I didn't have to put up with that crap when I was collecting Smurfs (shoulda bought more separately).

Still, Disney's fear of parental group soccer moms that have bone thin kids and lazy parents who get their kids whatever they want so they don't have to raise them cost them a Toy Story 3 prize. They would have done SOOO much better than Mattel did with their overpriced action figures. All I ever see on shelves are unwanted hedgehogs. And Cars as well... they did a disservice to happy meal figure collectors.

But then again, they had that Marvel promotion last year. If they have another, that will be the test, though I haven't seen any that weren't movie related. Even then, Captain America wasn't at Burger King... though, that's probably due to the fact they still had Transformers, and gave the license to Dunkin Donuts (all we got are slurpies that cost 4 times as much as 7/11 would have and a really good frosted jelly donut). Of course, McD's somehow has a hang up over PG-13 movies being made into kids toys 9though they did Batman returns years ago).

beaker

Reaction score
I'm both of a healthy consciousness mindset(I am horrified by what parents fill their carts with at Wallmart) but also of a "say no to the nanny state" mentality.

Disney...we dont mind that our crap is made in chinese sweat shops, but for the love of pete we dont wanna be associated with mcdonalds! Then again, even as a "vegetarian" I love the occasional Big Mac...I just pretend the hamburger patty comes from Mcdonaldland hamburger trees and bushes.

Anyways, even if Mcdonalds and Diz still had a partnership, there's no guarantee they'd even get figures in. I mean, where was the Emperor's New Groove toys?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney...we dont mind that our crap is made in chinese sweat shops, but for the love of pete we dont wanna be associated with mcdonalds!
Claps loudly. Why is it that they don't mind the Chinese state sponsored child labor sweatshop that made the Cars 2 merchandise, but putting that same figure next to fries is the thing that's going to be the PR nightmare? Soccer moms really are dense, aren't they? "We don't want little Dakota eating anything that's not local fresh organically grown! Go play with your lead paint covered Dora The Explora made by children younger than you!" Disney kinda has some bad reputations here and there... falling into this nanny state pseudo health garbage isn't going to undo any of it, no matter what those dumbfrags at Commercial Free Childhood think.

Anyways, even if Mcdonalds and Diz still had a partnership, there's no guarantee they'd even get figures in. I mean, where was the Emperor's New Groove toys?
There were some...

The US saw these:

I have every one but the cat.

They also saw this in the 100 years of Disney Happy Meal:

Very ticked I didn't get him or Scrooge McDuck.

Unfortunately, looks like Eurpoe got the GOOD ones:

Of course, they BARELY had any ENG stuff in Disney Stores (a short run series of bean bags and NO Kronk) and Disney treated the movie as a red headed step child for years... still don't see why the TV series or sequel video didn't get them to make a figure set.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh wow...those EU New Groove toys rock! Are those on ebay? See Im a fan of the Disney stuff that doesnt get big. New Groove/Kronk/tv series, Fantasia 2000, Chicken Little. LOVE all three of those...but they get no love.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i really do hope this is true but i can wait but i wonder if maybe if they don't do it at mcdonalds they might try burger king or somewhere else i really hope we get something like this the last time i remember the muppets as fast food toys was 2002 here in the uk celebrating 25 years of the muppet show so i hope something comes out