1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will there be Muppets McDonalds toys?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetlover123, Sep 18, 2011.

1. muppfozz

muppfozz Member

Months ago at the local McD I was told I could not buy just the Happy Meal toy.It was not allowed any more. Maybe this rule is just for the owner of these McD stores.....I was so mad.....I was able to buy the toys from Burger King for the Hop movie so the Burger King is where I check for good toys and was hoping the Muppets would and yes, some toys in kids meals are just sad junk. I remember when the toys were wonderful and were actually something to treasure.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

BK's toys are hit or miss, and air more on the side of miss. I have a wonderful snap together Iron Man action figure the size of an ACTUAL action figure (even bigger than the ones Hasbro was selling for 10 bucks), but the Thor toys were garbage. The 7-11 slurpee straws were better crafted.

Now, for the something to be treasured bit.... I'm only saying this because I remember the FIRST toys you got. Little snap together plastic sheets that make some sort of car or something. Then they moved on to tiny little 3-D figural cars That was a dramatic leap forward. And they were smaller than Hot Wheels. I still have most of these things somewhere. Everything I see recently would blow my mind back then. The Batman 3 micro figures sets? AMAZING! Why, some of the action figures they give away are better than the overpriced nonsense the big toy makers have recently. I liked the Smurf figures, even though they were just PVC's that didn't do anything.

Though, I will say there's a tiny slide in quality if you compare it to the AMAZING Monsters Inc set we had a while back. Wendy's stuff sucks now. I remember getting MOC mockup figures of Hey Arnold and Super Mario characters. Now it's, like, America's Got Talent mini board games.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Dude, those Monsters Inc McD figures were amazing. I also loved the Monsters vs Aliens toys.
  4. Drtooth

I wish I got Dr. Roach. All I got was Link and the bad guy.
  5. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Looks like there might be a Walter finger puppet.I googled "Walter Muppet" and there was a picture of a guy in a Santa hat, and he had a Walter finger puppet in one hand and a Muppet box in another.I wasnt permitted to access the blog as it is only open to invited readers.
  6. Drtooth

Shut this thread down right now.

I found the next toy and NO ONE is going to be happy about it.

Bakugan/Hello Kitty

Goodnight.

**^*(&*^ crappy kiddy toymercial animes.
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Um Dr Tooth, there was never a chance Disney would ever(save marvel or ex saban stuff) gonna have happy meal toys again. This thread was just a "what if" idea really.
    DWA and Fox animation have a lock on McD toys.

link?
  8. Drtooth

Nah, Saban bought back the rights to Power Rangers sometime last year. I wish they got the rights back for EVERYTHING that Disney now claims so we'd get Eek the Cat and the FULL version of The Tick on DVD, but just Power Rangers.

I had a feeling there was no chance... but Bakugan? REALLY?! A crappy toy commercial anime that's probably not even all that popular over there that's at the end of it's popularity? I mean, even another DC promotion would soften the blow.

Though I'm glad it's not Arthur Christmas. last thing we need is more reference to that existing.
  9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

my brother loves bakugan but they are so dumb pointless little balls
  10. muppetperson

I cant find the image now, but it was at http://svm-travels.blogspot.com
    but access is denied.It says you can contact the author but I cant see how to do it.
  11. muppetperson

12. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

13. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

...and i think the art on that Muppet box is from the second of the old Muppet Show board games!
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

He just looks like he fits in with the muppet performers (at least in the 70s XD)
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

16. muppetperson

I was looking at the artwork and saw it had "Auditions" on it !
  17. muppetperson

Yeah, cant wait.
  18. Drtooth

On the subject of these NOT being a promotion... I kinda had one of those Puss in Boots Kid's meals... they started the forced apples in the kids meal thing. The thing of fries you get is PUNY! And I'd almost rather a whole apple than crummy little cut up ones that taste of lemon juice or whatever preservative they added. But hey, if that's the compromise to get the toy back in there, so be it.

Still... Bakugan... Isn't that, like over now?