The Muppet Show...Continued?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Zoot's a silent character who barely says any major lines.
Except for during the first season. And in The Great Muppet Caper. :cool:

Drtooth said:
The only major new Muppet I could see joining the cast based on the performance of the movie is Walter.
A funny way to incorporate Walter into a new Muppet TV series would be to have him approve of all major differences between a new show and The Muppet Show. Not sure if the running gag would get old fast or not, but it'd be funny for at least one episode/special/movie involving a show-within-a-show.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
for me im not sure how i would feel if walter become on of the main muppets...he hasnt caught my eye enough to be elevated to one of Kermit's always hang out buddies like Gonzo or Fozzie, really out of all the new chars we have seen the one i really hopes that continues is the robot

David French

Reaction score
I have a very different and strong thought about where the Muppets should go after the movie. I feel that the Muppets are going to be huge and fans are going to want to
watch them from week to week after the movie. I feel that it's almost inportiant
for them to have a show shortly after the movie is relessed. I also feel that we should
have the Muppet Show DVD's and other shows the Muppets have done on DVD. I think we have really waited to long for season 4 and I personaly would love to see the all of the seasons re relessed on blu-ray with some great bouns featuers. I'm getting side
tracked, anyways
I feel that as far as a show would go we need to bring back the old show aspects
with some new skits and bring back a lot of the old skits and for Lord's sake don't
replace Dr. Theeth and the band with some cheeys whatnot band.
The only host or star of the show should and needs to be Kermit. The world will
not respond well to any other Muppet being the host/star of the show.
Muppets like Rowlf, Scooter, Link, Strangpork, the EM band they all have a new
person to give them a voice. give them the chance to make these Muppets
grow. We have heard that some of that is going on in the movie, but you
can't have ehough of that in a 1hour and 20 mim movie.
Theater or TV station does not bother me but I do love how much time they
did take to build the old theater for the movie, so if they could use something like
that and the arches for the theme song I would be happy.
The bottem line is the Muppets belong on TV again America and the world
are ready for the Muppets again It's time to play the music It's time to light
the lights' It's time to meet the Muppets and get them back on TV tonight!
I think you didn't pay attention to my last post, which is a pity because it was quite a sensible one.

Walter

Reaction score
Except for during the first season. And in The Great Muppet Caper. :cool:

A funny way to incorporate Walter into a new Muppet TV series would be to have him approve of all major differences between a new show and The Muppet Show. Not sure if the running gag would get old fast or not, but it'd be funny for at least one episode/special/movie involving a show-within-a-show.
Lol, yeah.. You could have it be something like this:
Kermit: Well, what did you think?
Stadlor: I thought we were going to get a show
Waldorf: All we were doing was donating to charity!
SW: doh ho ho ho!
Walter: I thought it was great Kermit! Just one thing..why is Piggy wearing a Veil..
Kermit: A veil.. she's not wearing a .. WAH!!(gets tackled by piggy in a veil)

Yeah it stinks.. but it was just a random daydream sequence :dreamy:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
If the muppet show continued or revamped, I hope we get to see more Bobo and Beau. I grew to love these two are a pair up.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think you didn't pay attention to my last post, which is a pity because it was quite a sensible one.
Sure I did! but waiting and seeing is just no fun! I mean I'm the type of fan right now that really thinks from everything I'm seeing comming out with this new movie that this movie is going to be nothing but gold! I have fath in Disney/Jason Segal/the Muppets have worked really hard on this movie and have not thrown something together and half way through the thing change the story, actors, or anyone behind the camra for that matter. This movie is going to be good and there is going to be such a surge of Muppet fans, that this site and all the other muppet sites are going to over run with muppet fandom! :smile:
on a personal side not i don't like the fact that you would say that i do not pay attenion. I try my darnest to read every single post on a thread before i post. yours just did not seem relavnt to me. I'm not going to sit on the fence on this movie. this "let's wait and see" thought to me seems like your just wanting it to fail. Not me my friend this movie is going to be good and that's the end of the disscusion as far as I'm concernd!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why do I have the feeling that if there is a new series soon it'll be called (and I don't want it to be called) "The Muppets"?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I actually kind of fear that with the naming of this movie as "The Muppets" and the promotion surrounding it, that Disney is essentially training the public to equate The Muppets (brand) with "The Muppets" (movie) and that actually does make me concerned about what happens next...if there actually WON'T be a major new project for quite some time after the film and they'll just ride the wave of the film's (hopeful) success.

After the US debut, there's still the other release dates in other countries so the Muppets will be busy with the promotional blitz for those respective regions...then a bit after that the dvd release promotion. I'm getting a little bit of a nervous feeling that as much as this is the big project we've been waiting for, it might also be somewhat the beginning of the end so to speak at least for awhile.

Deep down, i'm thinking (and hoping i'm wrong) that when after a long time of milking "The Muppets" for as long as they can and not really doing anything new in the process in its own right, what will happen next will be another movie: "The Muppets II" and then "The Muppets III" - all direct sequel movies to this one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Deep down, i'm thinking (and hoping i'm wrong) that when after a long time of milking "The Muppets" for as long as they can and not really doing anything new in the process in its own right, what will happen next will be another movie: "The Muppets II" and then "The Muppets III" - all direct sequel movies to this one.
I don't know if a direct sequel would be what everyone;s going for. There was NEVER a sequel to a Muppet Movie and I'm sure there never will be one. I just want to see something where they play themselves. I rully don't wanna see another lame classic retelling. If we had one of those coming up, I wouldn't be excited at all. Especially since the only reason why MCC was good was because Jerry Juhl's script shined.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't know if a direct sequel would be what everyone;s going for. There was NEVER a sequel to a Muppet Movie and I'm sure there never will be one.
But of course, Disney didn't own the Muppets when TMM was made. I'm talking purely about Disney here; i can see that turning into their strategy of "handling" the Muppet brand post-movie.