Pre-Order The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about Jim Hill. To be fair, he really posts good Disney scoops sometimes! However, he's often snarky and inaccurate on anything Muppet related. Muppet Central attempted an association with him that never really caught on. Go figure. I just love it when a critic childishly barks at his critics. Award winning? My froggy butt!

That said, it's good to see the review is mostly positive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, there's more to a character than just a voice. It's about the "performance". And the current Muppet performers have been giving great performances.

Who cares if the current voices sound slightly different from the originals? Don't tell me people prefer stale copies. :stick_out_tongue:
In the case of Bugs Bunny and the Beatles album... it's not like the guy who voiced him didn't try. While his voice didn't match exactly, he was able to get the speech patterns down right. However, unlike Disney or the Muppets, Warner Bros doesn't have quite the same consistency when it comes to recasting a voice. Mainly due to the fact they don't want another Mel Blanc situation and keep them from anyone asking for outrageous pay raises. While no one can ever replace Mel, there are voice actors that do characters better than others. What is strange, though... the voice actor never played Bugs outside of the Beatles album, at least to my knowledge. Plus, I find Jeff Bergman, Billy West, and Joe Alasky did a better job with Bugs anyway...

As for everyone else, as I said, Wayne WAS Mickey for me. he did the best job out of the bunch, and really managed to get the character to emote more than even Disney did. Donald and Goofy I always loved, but I feel that Mickey's best projects were, ironically, later ones. Though that's not to say stuff like Mickey and the Beanstalk wasn't great. Plus, the thing I like about Donald's recast was, just like the original, he was also an animator.

But with all recasts, sometimes it takes time to find someone spot on. The combination of Muppet recast is, who embodies the character best, who's most available, and who sounds the closest in that order. Sometimes they had to go through multiple puppeteers to find the perfect recast. I still wonder why it took that long to get David Rudman to do Richard Hunt characters, when he's been doing Richard Hunt recasts in Sesame Street for a while. I swear his Baby Bear is a vocal tribute to Richard (there's something about the character that screams Richard would have played him) as much as Bobo the Bear was Bill's vocal tribute to Jim. And that's, strangely enough, why he does a similar voice when he's Rowlf.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
It looks like the soundtrack booklet cover is just the image, now...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
There are so many songs it's awesome, and the great thing is that there's a mix of real songs and original songs, I was kinda worried the songs would be a Muppets From Space lip singing, The Muppets are in good hands

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Funny I should come here and see We Built This City included. Funny because I was just watching the clip on Youtube.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Wow... no comment. It's my bad for mentioning him in the first place, but let's all try staying on topic. People who like Weird Al, Twilight, Bieber, Glee or certain reality shows tend to give me a headache. This is a Muppet forum, let's keep this place happy lol
I like Weird Al, Bieber and Glee. Are you saying I Give you a headache?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Don't worry about Jim Hill. To be fair, he really posts good Disney scoops sometimes! However, he's often snarky and inaccurate on anything Muppet related. Muppet Central attempted an association with him that never really caught on.
I liked his (unfinished) series of articles on the proposed Henson-Disney merger. And I wish his Muppet Central articles were posted (especially since they were announced). I read that The Jim Henson Company saw the articles in advance and asked that they not be posted at Muppet Central until after EM.TV sold the company (well, EM.TV hasn't owned the company for 8 years now).

Frogster

Reaction score
People who think Twilight or Glee are for kids clearly didn't read/watch them...
Not true at all. I tried both... in fact, I manned up and watched the whole first season of Glee, hoping I'd somehow get into it, like a guilty pleasure. It's offensive to minorities (NEVER EVER call someone who's born with a disability "handi-capable"!), and it portrays this negative image that some high schoolers (and even younger people) are buying into. It's insulting. The type of acting they convey to the audience is that the characters are fake, shallow and selfish, and they live in their own fantasy world, which more resembles Pee-Wee's Playhouse. This show is almost 20 years ahead of itself. Woulda been better during the Full House, Family Matters and Step By Step era.

As for Twilight... do yourself a favor and rent an actual romantic movie, like "The Notebook" or "Sleepless In Seattle." That's how good actors act. I tried watching the first one and my brain almost started hemorrhaging 30 minutes into that so-called 'movie'. I actually wanted to like vampires before all the craze started, now I can't stand them. Twilight and Glee shouldn't even be met for kids. They're both just two good reasons why The Muppet Show should be brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.