Is there a link between Fraggle Rock and the Dark Crystal?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
It's weird to read an older thread and see that I posted in it!

Since this is bumped, the only real connection I can think of - Doc's real name is Jerome Crystal. Or... Doc Crystal.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The Dark Crystal... is well dark. I'm personally glad, that Jim didn't model the Fraggles after its characters. Fraggle Rock was intended for all audiences, but Dark Crystal is known for startling many children. That being said, I love the Dark Crystal.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Most of the set of Dark Crystal does look a lot like the set of Fraggle Rock

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Most of the set of Dark Crystal does look a lot like the set of Fraggle Rock
I guess so, but Fraggles (as a whole I'm not forgetting Genie or the Terrible Tunnel)is mostly cutesy, as opposed to the 90% dark Dark Crystal.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
:smirk: Well seeing that The Dark Crystal exists as a movie in the Fraggle universe I'd have to say that they are not related... but the whole dream sharing thing could very well have been inspired by The Dark Crystal.
After reading every post here, I have to agree with this post.

One thing I want to add though, anyone else ever notice that Marlon Fraggle's voice sounds just like one of those Skeksis? Creepy eh?

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Thread I started in 2003 about the possibility Fizzgig is actually in one of the Fraggle Rock episodes with Gobo, as well as other connections to Muppet stuff(also remember Gunge appeared on Dinosaurs)
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...k-land-of-gorch-dark-crystal-connection.4275/
You know, now that you mention it, I recall wondering if Fizzgig was in an episode of Fraggle Rock. I believe you are right, cause I remember watching Fraggle Rock and on one episode going, "Hey, that looks like ole Fizzgig."

beaker

Reaction score
You know, now that you mention it, I recall wondering if Fizzgig was in an episode of Fraggle Rock. I believe you are right, cause I remember watching Fraggle Rock and on one episode going, "Hey, that looks like ole Fizzgig."
Jerry Nelson told me in a MC chat around Nov/Dec 1998 that it was indeed Fizzgig, or at least one of the puppets/puppet templates used for DC. Perhaps not an official crossover, more akin to Puppet Up and Stuffed and Unstrung using official Muppet puppets for their own use

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson told me in a MC chat around Nov/Dec 1998 that it was indeed Fizzgig, or at least one of the puppets/puppet templates used for DC. Perhaps not an official crossover, more akin to Puppet Up and Stuffed and Unstrung using official Muppet puppets for their own use
Your're right, Beaker! When I watched the episode, "I Don't Care" of FR, I did see Fizzgig from the Dark Crystal while Boober was singing his song, "Get Blue." Thank you for the heads up. You're smart!