Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

• The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • We Built This City - Starship

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

• Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

• Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

• Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

• Total voters

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
You can get the soundtrack the 21st. Can you please hold off on all these questions? It's gonna ruin your movie-going experience knowing everything before you see it.
This is why I refused to read The Simpsons Movie spoilers 4 years ago (has it been that long already?). I wanted to be completely surprised walking into the theater and not know a thing. Of course, that's harder with this movie but I can still be surprised by certain things.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Once?! If you only posted each question once, we'd be fine with it!
What he said. muppetlover123, we have absolutely nothing against you as a person but these constant movie questions are flooding the board way too much. I'm not mad at you or anything, I'm just excited for the movie as you are. We all are but we all want to be a little surprised. If you were a Star Wars fan would you be asking a million questions about Revenge of the Sith spoilers?

dwmckim

Reaction score
For that matter, many of us are very purposefully NOT listening to MC Radio nor buying the soundtrack when it comes out because we don't want to be that spoiled before actually seeing the movie. There's already been WAY too much given away in all the trailers/ads already.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today you can hear the anticipated version of "Rainbow Connection" sung by the alternate "Moopets" from "The Muppets" new film. Listen to "The Muppets" soundtrack on Muppet Central Radio 24/7 on Live365 and Radio Terra.

Let us know your thoughts on this new song and the entire soundtrack. Pre-order "The Muppets" original soundtrack for a low $9.99. You can also read our review of the soundtrack.

For a limited time, get 20% off select Muppets merchandise when you purchase music or books.from "The Muppets" movie. Click here for all the details.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard The Moopets' version of Rainbow Connection which debuted today. :laugh:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've never listened to Muppet Central Radio. I think I tried once but couldn't figure out how to do it. But I'd like to know how songs are played. Are several songs just programmed and picked randomly? Is there a way to avoid showing every song from one album in a row in the order they appear on the album? I doubt there's somebody on hand 24/7 physically picking out songs.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's all pre-set. I don't think Phil just sits around on the Live 365 site and just picking various songs live.

And if you're having trouble, I suggest you use Radio Terra instead (a link is posted above). It's much easier and has no ad interruptions.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
But I'd like to know how songs are played. Are several songs just programmed and picked randomly?
How the playlist works can get a little complicated, but I will try to explain.

There are two ways to broadcast with Live365, basic mode (with the files stored on Live365's server) or in live mode (with the files streamed from an automated broadcast computer to Live365). Most of the time we are broadcasting live.

It's set up just like a terrestial radio station in that there is a clock for every hour and there are "slots" (or different categories of songs) that are scheduled to play each hour. There are currently about 60 different categories. And they are arranged in a specific order for each hour. A song from each of these categories will play at least once in any four-hour period. A few categories play up to five times in any four-hour period. The songs within each category do not repeat until all the songs in that grouping have played. There are other rotation rules set up as well but this gives you the general idea.

Having categories grouped like this means that songs by the same character or same series generally won't play back-to-back. But it also ensures that at least one Kermit song plays every hour, for example. Also, some songs play once every 1-2 days while others don't repeat until every 4-7 days or so. The goal is to create enough variety that if someone listens every day that there are still surprises that come up. While at the same time, I try to make the station enjoyable for someone who listens for the first time and wants to hear classics like Rainbow Connection or Mahna Mahna.

The songs from "The Muppets" soundtrack are currently in their own categories and are currently playing at a much higher rotation than our normal songs.

Puckrox

Reaction score
That's so cool! I've been wondering how the station is managed. Thanks for sharing with us all!