If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They never had a narrator, unless you count Gonzo and Rizzo in MCC... and that was just an excuse to get more Muppets into that movie. I don't think they'd really need one, since all the other films were quite fine without them.

I can't say what I'd like to see next time until I get to see this one opening day... but I want to see something that isn't quite a sequel.
Yeah the next movie just can't be sequel to this one, it wouldn't work

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They never had a narrator, unless you count Gonzo and Rizzo in MCC... and that was just an excuse to get more Muppets into that movie. I don't think they'd really need one, since all the other films were quite fine without them.
I know that Muppet Christmas Carol was the only one to have narrarators, but I thought putting a narrarator in a Muppet movie would be an interesting twist. Though I wasn't thinking in terms of how Gonzo and Rizzo were used in MCC, more along the lines of Sam's narraration of Muppet Snow White, sort of a cross between the linking footage of Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets and Ernie and Bert's interruptions in Elmo in Grouchland.

Now that I think of it, Kermit sort of narrarated Kermit's Swamp Years (I know you've said you've never seen it). He appears as adult Kermit at the beginning and end, sort of like his narrarator roles in Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas and The Christmas Toy, and I'm pretty sure he does some voice-over narraration (I haven't watched the movie in years and can't quite remember).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ha ha ha! Yes that episode is on the second Season. How about Fozzie's line "Excuse me , but I don't think that belongs to you". He sounds like he's talking to a naughty child, rather than a dangerous criminal! Ha ha ha!
I think I connected with that line as a child because it's the kind of tone you hear a lot from adults (not that I was constantly taking things that didn't belong to me, hehe). :wink:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I think I connected with that line as a child because it's the kind of tone you hear a lot from adults (not that I was constantly taking things that didn't belong to me, hehe). :wink:
Yeah, Fozzies is so innocent! That's what I love about him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though I wasn't thinking in terms of how Gonzo and Rizzo were used in MCC, more along the lines of Sam's narraration of Muppet Snow White, sort of a cross between the linking footage of Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets and Ernie and Bert's interruptions in Elmo in Grouchland.
A linking device would be pretty funny. Actually, I guess you could also count the Rudolph Snowman parody as a linking device that thinks he's a narrator. Maybe have Statler and Waldorf be the linking device... that's almost what they were in MTI but not quite.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I know! How about when Fozzie washes his hands while wearing invisiblity spray in Muppets From Space.
Fozzie-Alright Kermit I'm ready.
Kermit-Fozzie tell me you didn't wash your hands!
Fozzie-Of course I did! Mom said always wash your hands!
Kermit-Yes, but not while wearing invisibility spray!
Fozzie-Mom say no exceptions never ever mmmmm.
So true! Mom said...
Y'know, even though it's link who always wants his mama, it seems like Fozzie has the strongest connection with his ma than any other Muppet.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I hope they do "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made!" I read the premise, and I laughed aloud at the thought. It's brilliant.