Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

newsmanfan

Reaction score
When I read the junior novel and saw the flashback to the wedding, I had wondered if it would have been reshot or if it was an actual clip. If it's an actual clip, I wonder if they had trouble getting rights from Sony (or if they wanted to avoid clips showing Sesame Street characters, even in the background). And without that, I wonder if the rest of the flashback would have made sense.
Yes. It HAS been filmed, and bits appear in some of the trailers, though I'd have to go look at them all again to tell you which ones...there's a scene where you see flashbulbs going off in Kermit & Piggy's faces which is obviously the bit from the afterwedding fiasco mentioned in the book but which was cut from the film! HEAR HEAR let all deleted scenes be restored!!
----------------------------

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
there's a scene where you see flashbulbs going off in Kermit & Piggy's faces which is obviously the bit from the afterwedding fiasco mentioned in the book but which was cut from the film! HEAR HEAR let all deleted scenes be restored!!
Nope, that's actually from the end during the credits when Piggy wants to get photos with Kermit by the papparazi.

Alvin

Reaction score
Saw it today...and oh my goodness...I could see this movie again and again and again...LOVED IT! Took my own puppets to the theater, and made some kiddos pretty happy. They wanted pictures with my puppets! LOL! BUT back to the movie...AWESOME...THANK YOU JASON SEGAL!!!

12Medbe

Reaction score
It was so wonderful! must make a slight note that I loved the first try of the Muppet Show intro, pure mayhem! Uncle Deadly reedeemed himself at the end of the movie. I noticed two great things in theater, during Rainbow Connection, as it got to "Someday you'll find it" Everyone actually joined in, same for the "Life's a Happy Song" finale!

It was so wonderful, many great references, even a "sort of" recreation of Sweetums car chasing from The Muppet Movie! I like that the Hobo in the audience sang "Why don't you get things started!" there wasn't many in the audience to start with. Me Party I felt had a good setup, I liked it. Everything was pure magic, Jason Segel sure has captured Jim Henson's vision. We must thank him in person!

Cried a little during "Pictures in My Head" and "Man or Muppet". I lost it at the end though with the fans cheering for the Muppets as they started walking out of the theater, They took up SOOOO many blocks, and you couldn't help but cry when Walter was fully iniated as a Muppet!

Muppet Fans, we have a successful movie on our hands! This is the gateway to the biggest comeback since, I don't think I have anything to compare to!!!! Muppets From Space who?

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I'm wearing a genuine smile, because...

I'm falling in love again. The Muppets touched my heart, I'm literally dehydrated... but am okay now. lol. It was like a returning love letter tous devoted fans. <3

Meh. IT WAS AMAZING! I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN! :smile:

All of my old favorites chars are back; Link. *sigh*

I wanted to cry during Rainbow Connection... it was so sentimentally sweet. The whole ol' gang is back. They are. <3

12Medbe

Reaction score
I REALLY loved the mayhem during the first attempt of the Muppet Show Intro, Sweetums coming in WAYYYY too early, Muppets going to the wrong arches. It was the classical mayhem we're all used to see on The Muppet Show.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thog being unable to get through the center arch, heh heh. The lack of a drummer to set the pace really messed 'em up. It made it all the more wonderful when Animal came back to his drums at the end of "The Rainbow Connection."

When I saw them linking hands, it touched me a little. It was such a showbiz-family thing. They're all falling right into the groove again, y'know?

Newsmanfan, I thought of you when the Newsman started his reports on the telethon. I knew you'd be grinning when you saw those. I also thought of Ruahnna when I saw the Kermit-Piggy bits.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
3 places I almost cried were:

-The Muppet Show intro and for the telethon ( I was like lets get this party started!)
-All the muppets joining hands and going out to sing "The Rainbow Connection"
-The crowd at the end cheering for Kermit and company