Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda noticed that too ... though considering just how hard the movie treats the Muppets as a real sub-species or whatever, I guess that's why they skipped the blatant puppeteering parts.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Another quick question: Does anyone know the quote, verbatim, that Walter says near the beginning of the movie. I'm gonna screw it up, but it's something along the lines of "As long as their are singing frogs, bears that tell jokes, life is wonderful." That's definitely not how it goes, but it's something along those lines. Help me out!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just realised some irony: This movie and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie have very similar plots (though this one's not a Christmas movie), and the original releases have been close to the same time of year; this came out on thanksgiving (well, the day before thanksgiving), and Very Merry Muppet Christmas came out on the day after thanksgiving in 2002.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Quick question: Does anybody know if any Muppeteers make cameos? Besides Jerry's voice cameo. Normally you can spot a Muppeteer with a small cameo, but it seems like no one did for this film. Just curious!
In this scene:

Mike Quinn is to Sweetums' left, Bruce Lanoil is between the two monsters and Leslie Cararra (Abby's performer) is the blonde with the hat behind the blue sign.

Puckrox

Reaction score
In this scene:

Mike Quinn is to Sweetums' left, Bruce Lanoil is between the two monsters and Leslie Cararra (Abby's performer) is the blonde with the hat behind the blue sign.
Awesome!!!

ALSO. Did anyone notice that Steve was credited for Rizzo in the credits? I'm guessing Rizzo had maybe a scene that was cut? Because Rizzo had literally zero lines in this movie, and that wouldn't make sense... So, yeah, I'm hoping for a deleted scene that includes our favorite rat!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Most of the people seemed to get the references to TMS and the movies (when Sweetums started chasing after the car a little kid cried "THAT'S FROM THE FIRST MOVIE!" and my heart swelled)
Awwww! :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Saw the movie for a 2nd time today and my love grew even more. The theatre was even fuller than it was the first time I went and there were more kids today, but they were all really well behaved! My mom cried at the Rainbow Connection. I started to play spot the "Jim's" today, there are so many wonderful points where Jim Henson's picture shows up. I caught a lot more things today that I didn't catch the first time as well due to my general freaking out. I still laughed and cried and screamed just as much today though like the fan girl I am!

12Medbe

Reaction score
I just realised some irony: This movie and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie have very similar plots (though this one's not a Christmas movie), and the original releases have been close to the same time of year; this came out on thanksgiving (well, the day before thanksgiving), and Very Merry Muppet Christmas came out on the day after thanksgiving in 2002.
Not only that, the day "The Muppets" came out, it was 2 years to the day the VirMup "Bohemian Rhapsody" hit was released to YouTube.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i have a lot thoughts about the movie, and I would like to share some of them now. I would first like to say how sorry I am to Frank Oz, and will be posting something along these lines in another thread. Frank has said how he thought that the Muppets where not true to themselfs and I was trying to discrediting what he had said, since I thought he had not been doing anything with the Classic Muppets in a long time.
However after watching the movie I have realized that I think he might have been right. I left the theater with a strange feeling, and after talking to my wife I think I figuerd out why, and here are some of the reasons:

1. I don't think Kermit would ever say "We will try"
With Kermit it was we can or we can't do it there was never a middle ground

2. Sure Kermit and all the Muppets could get down, but they never lost sight in the dream.

3. Kermit and Piggy were wanting to change each other, and they have always been acepting of each other in the past. They loved each other despite there faults.

these are just three if i was not so tired from the day I would post more, but thses three are the ones that set out the most for me. I just hope no one jumps all over me for what I have said.