Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Puckrox

Reaction score
I started to play spot the "Jim's" today, there are so many wonderful points where Jim Henson's picture shows up.
I did this two! But I only found two parts that had pictures. The first time Walter's in Jim's old office (there's a picture of Jim and Kermit on the wall), and then the banner on Hollywood Blvd. that was up on a lamp post. Were there more?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i just came back from my 4th veiwing ans question...what the tune Kermit plays on the piano before he heads off with walter and the gang

beaker

Reaction score
I just saw it again tonight...loved it more the second time! I think the situation with a viewing has a lot to do with it. When I saw it wed, there were screaming kids. I was really tired from a long walk, and worst of all...my mind was telegraphing what scenes were coming up since i saw too many clips and spoilers. Seeing it again tonight, it was a blank slate and I just let it happen. saw it in a much bigger screen too, and it was just magical. I found myself choking up at *different* parts then I would have guessed I would have.

I also realized how darn funny "innnn...controlll" is. I hope that becomes a new meme catch phrase...I like it even more than *maniacal laugh*. DRUMDRUMSDRUMS....innnn conntrol.

Man that recreation of the muppet theme intro and the rainbow connection...so surreal and powerful. The same feelings I felt when I was in a similar hollywood old theater seeing the Muppet Show Live, and all the muppets came out and sang rainbow connection with the audience.

Also, WEAR YOUR MUPPET stuff! I got at least 50 or more complements and comments at the mall I saw the theater at. People truly love these guys, and I hope it translates to the box office!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I wore my animal shirt and no one said anything to me

Oscarfan

Reaction score
i just came back from my 4th veiwing ans question...what the tune Kermit plays on the piano before he heads off with walter and the gang
I'm pretty sure it was the last few notes of The Muppet Show Theme's first verse ("on the Muppet Show tonight").

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I did this two! But I only found two parts that had pictures. The first time Walter's in Jim's old office (there's a picture of Jim and Kermit on the wall), and then the banner on Hollywood Blvd. that was up on a lamp post. Were there more?
That might be all of them actually, I hadn't noticed the banner the first time I saw the movie, but I saw it the second time for sure. And I agree with Slackbot, I guess Mahna Mahna counts for me! Plus the two times we hear Kermit say "It's the Muppet Show" from the old recordings in the movie!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I finally went and saw it last night. It was great and I loved it.

Walter was a great character and I'm glad he was in this. I kept thinking about how he is relateable in a different way than the rest of the Muppets. What I mean is, when I relate to the Muppets it's in the sense that it's a group of friends who all dream of doing something more with their lives and under a common goal chase that dream. Walter is different in the sense that he can be related to in that he's a muppet fan. And what Muppet fan hasn't at one point dreamed about meeting the Muppets and finding a common bond with them, I know I have. So it was a different perspective to follow.

I loved the references to the old movies and the old series. I did miss the Rizzo/Gonzo stuff though. But I understand what they were going for so I wasn't too sore about it.

I loved the scenes where they were getting everyone back. I was half expecting Kermit to ask Fozzie if he knew any dance routines when they were in Reno. The relationships between the characters were great in my opinion. That's one of the things I always say makes a good Muppet movie is the relationship between the characters, particularly Kermit/Fozzie, Kermit/Piggy and Gonzo/Rizzo or Camila.It was also another cool perspective in all the mending bridges that happened.

I remember that every time someone kept saying that the muppets were forgotten or irrelevant or that people didn't like them at all, I went to get up and yell "Don't listen to the lies! Look at this theatre!" But I didn't because that would be weird.

Loved the songs. That's another element I think Muppet Movies should have (original songs)

The only other element they didn't have that I've always liked in Muppets movies is that nobody got put into some kind of mortal danger. But that's fine, that's more of a weirdness on my part.

One thing that did confuse me was at the end when the last two numbers on the counter were actually cents insted of dollars, does that mean that the first family to call in only pledged 25 cents?

Had a total geek moment when Gonzo jumped off his company building and said "People of Earth, never again will I pick up a plunger". I did wish there was a little more of him in the movie.

I also liked how when everyone went their seperate ways it was similar to wheere they were before, i.e. Fozzie at a night club, Gonzo went back into plumbing. That was one thing I didn't like about Very Merry Muppet Christmas is that even though Kermit wasn't around, the status quo was still changed, at least in mind.

That's all I can think of right now, I'll probably post more when I think of it or see it again.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was the last few notes of The Muppet Show Theme's first verse ("on the Muppet Show tonight").
mind blown...ok i hear it now..it was sorta driving me crazy...i couldn't figure it out for the life of me