Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
So i love the Man or Muppet song...its fantastic and the visuals add that extra special sauce that the sound track doesnt..i love the Jason/Gary Muppet it looks amazing

Muppetkid98

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE this movie!!!!! It was nice to see that Jerry Nelson had a "cameo". I really hope the jail scene is on the DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wrote a review for Muppet Central, though now I'm not sure if I was supposed to send a rating in. I give it whatever the highest rating number is that Muppet Central reviews can have.

It seems the "aren't you one of the Ninja Turtles?" line was like a callback to a few earlier jokes. Earlier, one family on tour at the Muppet Studios asked if that was the Universal Studios tour, to which the tour guide said that it was (like how Kermit answers that he IS one of the Ninja Turtles). And seconds before that question, Kermit recognizes Whoopi Goldberg, Selena Gomez, and the kid who asks that question (I can't remember his name off-hand).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Universal Studios joke was the fact that the tour guide really doesn't care about his job anymore and just lazily taking them into the group. The Ninja Turtles line is moreso Kermit just letting the stupid remark go by without correcting him and just getting him to a telephone quickly.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I considered it a reference as well, considering the first 2 live action movies had Henson participation. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I considered it a reference as well, considering the first 2 live action movies had Henson participation. :smile:
I meant a reference to an earlier joke, where somebody asked about something they were wrong about and someone else just confirmed they were right.

Was Judd Hirch's cameo cut? I thought I read he was left in, but I don't remember seeing him in the movie.

The montage with characters being grabbed by hooks was both funny and odd. I can see why they'd do that to Sam (it'd probably be hard for them to get him to want to be involved. Then again, the Muppets might be considered good taste to Sam compared to what's out on TV and film these days), but I doubt it would have been that hard to get Scooter and the Electric Mayhem to want to be involved again. And they didn't do that gag for everyone, though I guess that's funnier than several short cut-aways with everyone accepting the offer right away like Rowlf did. But it makes me wodner why they didn't just do that to get Miss Piggy to come back (aside from creating plot conflict).

I wonder how the scene with the car coming out of the ocean was done. I doubt they'd put actual people in a car underwater. I wonder if the car was remote-controlled.

I also noticed that in the "we need you!" scene, Walter was present in the trailer, but I didn't see him there at all in the movie (and continuity-wise I think he was at the theater when that scene happened).

Puckrox

Reaction score
Saw the movie for the third time today. Today was the first time the theater was actually full, and I was sort of worried about how such a large audience would react to it, but everyone was wonderful. They laughed at the right parts, most of the people seemed to get the references to TMS and the movies (when Sweetums started chasing after the car a little kid cried "THAT'S FROM THE FIRST MOVIE!" and my heart swelled), and at the end everyone clapped. Even seeing it for a third time I still got teary watching it. Not as much as the first time, but the parts that still eat at my heart: 1) Walter in his Kermit costume; 2) When the camera is spinning around during "Pictures In My Head"; 3) "Rainbow Connection" when all of them hold hands; and 4) The Finale.

Quick question: Does anybody know if any Muppeteers make cameos? Besides Jerry's voice cameo. Normally you can spot a Muppeteer with a small cameo, but it seems like no one did for this film. Just curious!