My list:
  1. The Muppet Movie
  2. The Muppets
  3. Muppets From Space
  4. The Great Muppet Caper
  5. The Muppets Take Manhattan
  6. The Muppet Christmas Carol
  7. Muppet Treasure Island
Yeah, I liked Muppets From Space. Statistically speaking, there has to be some oddball who enjoyed it, and that's me.
What I don't enjoy is seeing the Muppets playing public-domain characters. The Muppets are best when they're being themselves.

I do hope that a second movie is greenlit. And that they don't rush it, but treat it with as much love and respect as they did this one!

zoebell

Reaction score
mine:

The Muppet Movie
The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Muppets
Muppets Take Manhattan
The Great Muppet Caper
Muppet Treasure Island
Muppets From Space

i have a very strong attachment to MCC, it was the only christmas carol version i watched in my childhood, like every single year. and nothing can top the first one for me, i don't think. but The Muppets is great and is basically tied with MCC for me

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Here's mine:

1. The Muppet Movie
2. Muppet Treasure Island
3. The Muppets
5. Muppet Christmas Carol
6. Muppets Take Manhattan
7. Muppets from Space
ill add mine

1. The Muppet Movie
2. Muppets Take Manhattan
3. The Muppets
5. Muppet Christmas Carol
6. Muppet Treasure Island
7. Muppets from Space

4 and 5 may change around depending season and mood....but ill agree with the general idea that this new movie matches in quality up with the first 3

12Medbe

Reaction score
Here's Mine - I'll put in the TV Movies

1. The Muppet Movie/Muppets Take Manhattan (Tied)
2. The Muppets / Its a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (Tied)
3. The Great Muppet Caper
4. Muppet Christmas Carol
5. Muppet Treasure Island
6. Letters To Santa
7. Muppets From Space
8. Muppets Wizard of Oz

I always felt that VMX was a heartfelt step in the right direction, with some good references, great heartfelt moments, decent plotline. It sort of took us back to The Muppet Show, it just lacked a couple elements of the show. I was very satisfied when that came out. Both "The Muppets" and VMX will always have a #2 spot, TMM and MTM will always have the biggest spot in my heart.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Success of The Muppets will lead to more Muppet things:

Dave Hollis, Disney's distribution chief, told TheWrap that he had expected the PG-rated "The Muppets" to gross in the upper $30 million range for the five days.
The success, he said, will mean more Muppets across the board.
"The value of 'The Muppets' isn't just about the theatrical run," he said. "It's about how we might take advantage of this across multiple lines of business. This opens the door for us to think about how the Muppets can be showcased in a variety of different ways."

Hollis said "The Muppets" cost about $45 million to make. The moviegoer survey firm Cinemascore rated it at an "A." And it took in $29.5 million over three days.
The movie, directed by James Bobin, is about the popular puppets trying to save their old theater from a greedy oil tycoon.
"We needed to make this film to bring these characters back," Hollis said. "It is a bit of a testament to the power of the Walt Disney Company and the power of the characters combined."
He said that now, "you take a property like this, have it permeate in every way possible the social consciousness of people in every medium possible, have a great theatrical opening and then watch it become a meaningful thing for consumers to interact with in a bunch of different ways."

That means merchandise and, perhaps, more movies, he said, noting that the film's soundtrack is the top soundtrack on iTunes.
"I expect more Muppets everywhere -- and everywhere would theoretically include the movie theater," he said.
Even the competition tipped its hat to "The Muppets."

Don Harris, Paramount's distribution chief, told TheWrap that, "It's certainly important, if you're going to recreate the franchise, you'd better do it well the first movie out -- and they apparently did."
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/muppets-thankful-42m-opening-weekend-185124270.html

:smile: Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

12Medbe

Reaction score
*Flails Arms* Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy

beaker

Reaction score
What's even more exciting is that there really is not much "new" competition until December 16th when both "Sherlock Holmes 2" and "Mission Impossible 4" come out. If Twilight starts to die off at all, which considering that it dropped 76% on Friday and only beat us by about $20 million for the 5-day, is a very decent possibility, we even have the possibility of rising to the top at some point in the next 3 weeks. It's safe to assume that with strong word-of-mouth, we could have excellent legs!

Add to that, the fact that this film is currently the highest rated film of the year according to Rotten Tomatoes, we now have successful Box Office and Critical Acclaim to our name as well. As Muppet fans, we should all be overjoyed, in my humble opinion.
Well, Disney can claim in this coming week's tv spots "Its Official, The Muppets Are The #1 Family Film In America". Family meaning family/children/non adult animated/etc. It beat the pants off Happy Feet 2, Hugo, Puss and Boots and Arthur Christmas. It's still so surreal the review percentage. 98% and holding? The only family film higher than that is Toy Story 3 with 99%. Being Elmo has a 93%. Who woulda thought we'd have TWO Muppet films in theater to rave acclaim? I hope they move Being Elmo into more theaters.

Im guessing Disney moves into overdrive with the next phase of the Muppet juggernaut. Personally I think next year they should stage a big live televised wedding between Kermit and Piggy:smile:

I fully also expect by this spring Muppet shirts at Hot Topic with saying like "Innn Controlll", "Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh", "Mahna Mahna!", etc.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I do hope that a second movie is greenlit. And that they don't rush it, but treat it with as much love and respect as they did this one!
Well, we've never had two Muppet films released two years in a row. I wonder if any movies took more development time than The Muppets (recently when Tough Pigs did a series of articles on Muppetzine it mentioned that Muppet Treasure island had numerous production delays).

12Medbe

Reaction score
It's still so surreal the review percentage. 98% .
I'm so shocked that it's holding at 98%! Its just, I can't even think of a word for it! so I'll make one up! SupercaliMuppetFragilisticexpialiMahnaMahna!

beaker

Reaction score
My list:
  1. The Muppet Movie
  2. The Muppets
  3. Muppets From Space
  5. The Muppets Take Manhattan
  6. The Muppet Christmas Carol
  7. Muppet Treasure Island
Yeah, I liked Muppets From Space. Statistically speaking, there has to be some oddball who enjoyed it, and that's me.
What I don't enjoy is seeing the Muppets playing public-domain characters. The Muppets are best when they're being themselves.

As the years pass I like MFS more and more. I certainly loved seeing it in theatres.

Id say my top list would be:

1. The Muppets Take Manhattan
2. The Muppet Movie
3. The Muppets
4. Muppets From Space
5. Letters To Santa
6. Follow That Bird
7. Very Merry Muppet Xmas
8. Great Muppet Caper
9. Muppet Treasure Island
10. The Muppet Xmas Carol