The Chipmunks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
LOL! See, if you made your own commentary for some of these things, I would listen to them. As opposed to some of the people online that just pick on the very show or movie they talk about. You prove that people can make funny comments without slamming the show. Bravo!
Well to be honest y'know, I actually was tempted here a while back to do some of my own Nostalgia Critic-esque reviews on YouTube for movies and such he's yet to review that I would SO love him to, including The Chipmunk Adventure, but then again, that was shortly before Bagdasarian Productions started making rounds on YouTube and removing so many videos and such, so... yeah...

Drtooth

Reaction score
LOL! See, if you made your own commentary for some of these things, I would listen to them. As opposed to some of the people online that just pick on the very show or movie they talk about. You prove that people can make funny comments without slamming the show. Bravo!
That sort of thing ONLY works if the product they're reviewing is bad in a comically stupid way. Someone making sarcastic remarks about Ducktales might get a chuckle... but someone salvaging either Italian Titanic animated movie is HILARIOUS! There isn't really any Chipmunk thing I'd salvage (except Dave's loser nephew in the second live action movie)... maybe I'm too close to the subject matter.

But come on... why take a cartoon that sometimes can have something slightly silly or weird in it when you can...

,,,NO! NO! I will NOT subject you to the singing Teddy Bears ripping off BeeGees music. No! No! I did it to myself and I've lost sleep I'll never get back since... NO NO NO!

Eh.. but if you're deadly curious... Don't say I didn't warn you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuNidzxAKnw

Really... that's probably fun enough to mock... but it's kinda painful to watch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So... in addition to Loser Nephew Toby and his apparent Loser Girlfriend Mary Sue... arethey bringing back Uncle Ian again too?

I saw the trailer for Chipwrecked in theaters yesterday when I saw The Muppets, and I thought I saw an "awkward" moment between Dave and Ian which made me wonder if they're bringing him back as well.

And one thing that made me curious as well is for them to be stranded on an island, it seems like they kept changing their outfits in every scene in the trailer (mostly the Chipettes). I also found it a little odd that these current furry incarnations of the Chipettes are having to wear bras and bikini tops and such when they're not... um... well, I mean, I could see that if they were in their original anthro incarnations, but the furries seemed weird.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ian's basically the only reason the first one was good, and the second one was enjoyable at points. Loser nephew and Mary Sue girlfriend just couldn't act... David Cross brings a real hammy nastiness to the Ian character. But I'm not going to bother with that one... even if I'm miserably bored on New Year's (the only reason I saw that Yogi garbage), I got TinTin or Sherlock Holmes if I don't see them by the time they come out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know how much you love those random outbursts Drtooth, well, I had a similar experience watching the preview at the movies, because the only thing from the trailer that really made me laugh out loud was when they all find one little piece of food,but before the rest of them could react, Eleanor goes all Momma Grizzly on it like, "MY PRECIOUS! MY PRECIOUS! MY PRECIOUS!"

That was so funny, but unfortunately, I bet it's going to make Ellie's small fanbase pretty upset at portraying her in that sort of "you don't mess with a fat girl and her food" sort of way, heh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh... I'm about overworked on pop culturey references... that Gollum bit's a little tired now. That's the character, right? I never got around to seeing LOTR... I really cringed at the "King of the World" line Alvin had (Titanic reference? REALLY?!)... if it weren't for a burning desire to see Sherlock Holmes and especially TinTin, I'd give this a "I'm bored and lonely on New Years, I might as well see a movie" look. But then I remembered that the second one was only half decent (and half terrible).

But I passed by a Build a Bear and saw the Alvin dolls you get to make. Actually kinda cute. Not that I'd buy one of those. And you better believe I'd grab up some of the McDonalds Happy Meal toys. Only got 2 Chipettes and Theodore last time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But I passed by a Build a Bear and saw the Alvin dolls you get to make. Actually kinda cute. Not that I'd buy one of those. And you better believe I'd grab up some of the McDonalds Happy Meal toys. Only got 2 Chipettes and Theodore last time.
I've seen the ads where you can make your own Chipette, but then again, there actually isn't a Build-a-Bear in this town... if there ever was, it probably went out of business a long time ago, the malls in Knoxville are practically ghosttowns anymore... but then again, I've hear Build-a-Bear's rully expensive, like $20 just for the bear, and all the extras and accessories rully add up.

The only merch I willigly got as far as the movie universe goes is a Jeanette beanie baby for a friend of mine who couldn't find one, then I got the other for myself, and those were the only Jeanettes I've seen, I've seen TONS of Alvins and Brittanys (6 inch and 12 inch), some Simons and Theodores, maybe one Eleanor, but yeah... I'd much rather have merch of the characters tha accurately captures their original anthro designs, but it seems like the only ones that really do that are these novelty Christmas items, and I haven't even seen any of those this year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I recall TY had a line of Garfield movie merchandise before going back to the original cartoon designs. I'm sure we'll see something like that in time. I only see the Chippettes and basically everyone BUT Alvin... he always sells. Still, I rather like the Gund plush they had years ago. Even though I only got Alvin.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still, I rather like the Gund plush they had years ago. Even though I only got Alvin.
Now those were the ones that depicted them like they were back in the 60s, right? I would've liked to have gotten those, I tried to bid for a set of them on eBay a few years ago, but that was right at the time they changed their payment policies where they made PayPal exclusively the only form of payment for your items, and I don't trust PayPal, especially as far as like identity theft and account hackings are concerned. Matter of fact, on the subject of Happy Meal toys, the VERY last thing I ever got off eBay before they changed their payment policies was a Brittany figurine from the early 90s that had her in her 50s-style dress from the late night scavenger hunt episode, singing karaoke with a little karaoke machine... actually a pretty accurate depiction, except her hair color is wrong.

There were also some "trinket" figures (like you get in those little bubblegum machine like things in department stores) of each of them that were the most accurate depictions of their 80s/90s designs I've ever seen, but the seller never got back to me when I inqured about the items.

Yorick

Reaction score
Anything based on the 60's or 80's Chipmunks would be cool for sure!