Frank Oz worked on a new Muppet movie script

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd say 90% of Muppedom has found this a heartfelt tribute... a couple guys don't like it. That's the way it usually goes. Better to have that than everyone unanimously hating it.
Well look I may end up liking the movie. But saying the majority likes it isn't always the best argument. A great many people like Twilight too. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, come on... we're not as easy to please as the Twilight fans... and confidentially, they actually kinda hate the movies, but go and see them anyway for some reason.

That 90% includes some VERY hard to please people. Frogester hates virtually everything that came out of the post-Henson era... he liked the comics and the web videos (or certain ones) sure... but he said something that I think holds his higesht regard... "Jason Segal is to the Muppets what Christopher Nolan is to Batman." Getting a good review from that guy means something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
and confidentially, they actually kinda hate the movies, but go and see them anyway for some reason.
Lol. I can see the E! True Hollywood Story headline now: The Bizarre Curse of the Twilight Movies, lol.

Frogester hates virtually everything that came out of the post-Henson era... he liked the comics and the web videos (or certain ones) sure... but he said something that I think holds his higesht regard... "Jason Segal is to the Muppets what Christopher Nolan is to Batman." Getting a good review from that guy means something.
This is true, lol. Will it mean anything if I like it? :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lol. I can see the E! True Hollywood Story headline now: The Bizarre Curse of the Twilight Movies, lol.
It's like a small fraction of people actually like those films, everyone else just gets dragged to see them. And I'm sure most of them are even there ironically.

Plus, going by Rotten Tomatoes, Twilight has a 27% positive rating... Muppets has over 90%... you do the math. I'm sure the other kiddy movies got bad grades too. 'cept Hugo's got some good reviews. If I weren't dying to see the movie one more time, Tin Tin AND Sherlock Holmes, I'd give it a go.

This is true, lol. Will it mean anything if I like it? :wink:
Considering that this guy's the most negative review and he's in the extreme minority... yeah. Even those who didn't love the movie found something to like.

Epictetus

Reaction score
So let's just agree to disagree.
I don't agree to that!

(Speaking of old jokes.)

Seriously, though. If you're frustrated, you have only yourself to blame. You're mad because I wasn't promptly persuaded by you? Buck up, my friend: you will have many discussions in life where you fail to persuade the other person. And it's not just 'cause that person's a jerk. That's life.

Epictetus

Reaction score
Yeah... I'm done trying to have a discussion with someone who apparently watched just enough of South Park to see someone tell a joke that should never be told again, yet clearly didn't see the episode "Simpsons Did It," where that complaint was met with a resounding "WHO CARES?!"
Drtooth, I applaud your South Park knowledge! Yeah, the Simpsons Did It joke is interesting, and relevant to the question of old jokes. I disagree with your interpretation of the episode, though: I think Parker and Stone are dealing with their frustration at how difficult it can be to come up with new things. Their resolution is not to throw up their hands and say, oh, hey, originality doesn't matter! It's to acknowledge how awesome the Simpsons was, not sweat being the first to an idea too much, and keep trying to be as fresh and funny as possible. But I'll happily acknowledge that this isn't the only possible interpretation.

It is, however, rather silly to declare that there's no such thing as relative freshness or tiredness with jokes. I hope you're not really trying to commit such silliness here, in such fine company.

I'd say 90% of Muppedom has found this a heartfelt tribute... a couple guys don't like it. That's the way it usually goes. Better to have that than everyone unanimously hating it.
Why are you so threatened by a different take on the film? I disagree with you (and Puckrox) and have offered up arguments and explanations for my opinions. It's as if you think the forum somehow has to come to a consensus on whether this was good or not. Silly, silly, silly.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why are you so threatened by a different take on the film? I disagree with you (and Puckrox) and have offered up arguments and explanations for my opinions. It's as if you think the forum somehow has to come to a consensus on whether this was good or not. Silly, silly, silly.
We have had issues with trolls bashing the muppets for no real reason, so any time anyone has negative comments about new productions (be it something unreleased, or new that as a whole everyone loves), things get a bit...I dont know the word I'm I'm looking for. Personally, I dont particularly see anything you said about the movie wrong. It is your opinion and backed it up. Of course, I have yet to actually see the movie myself. The only thing I can see wrong here is the whole philosophy of a joke was starting to go a bit far on all ends.

Epictetus

Reaction score
We have had issues with trolls bashing the muppets for no real reason, so any time anyone has negative comments about new productions (be it something unreleased, or new that as a whole everyone loves), things get a bit...I dont know the word I'm I'm looking for..
Ah, fair enough. I certainly don't have any of that context.

Of course, I have yet to actually see the movie myself.
Well, my hope for you is that you're able to enjoy it somewhat, but that you see where I'm coming from with my comments. Then I'd get some gratifying validation, but you'd still have a good time with the Muppets at the movies. Let us know what you think whenever you see it!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well, like I said at the end of the day, I really enjoyed the movie and it's got a 98% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes (last time I looked anyway), so the movie is doing something right regardless if one guy likes it or not. But again, that's his opinion, though I do whole heartly disagree with it.