The Chipmunks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been notcing a few more of those "trinket" figurines I mentioned are popping up on eBay as of late... darn them for their new payment policies... one thing I am curious about is if this trinket set ever included Brittany, because I've seen all but her... *shrug*

Sometime in the 90s apparently, there were knickerbocker-style plushies of Jeanette and Eleanor that were exclusive to Target (I think it was Target) that had them in really girly-looking dresses as opposed to their typical attire, but the depictions were accurate.

And what a funny coincident that as I type this message at the bottom of the page there's an ad for the Build-a-Bear Chipmunks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've been notcing a few more of those "trinket" figurines I mentioned are popping up on eBay as of late... darn them for their new payment policies... one thing I am curious about is if this trinket set ever included Brittany, because I've seen all but her... *shrug*
I have never even seen or heard of those. They used to have cartoon character based ones all the time... I have a LOT of Nickelodeon ones. But the Cartoon Network ones I didn't find until the Chowder/Fosters set (I got everyone but Chowder). There's apparently one with the Eds, I.R. Baboon, I.M. Weasel, Samurai Jack and Aku someone showed me a few weeks ago. There was an Arthur one I only saw once... I got a Binky pencil topper. Never heard of the Chipmunks one, though. After a while I only saw Homies, and then after that I only saw lead kid's jewelry and goo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have never even seen or heard of those. They used to have cartoon character based ones all the time... I have a LOT of Nickelodeon ones. But the Cartoon Network ones I didn't find until the Chowder/Fosters set (I got everyone but Chowder). There's apparently one with the Eds, I.R. Baboon, I.M. Weasel, Samurai Jack and Aku someone showed me a few weeks ago. There was an Arthur one I only saw once... I got a Binky pencil topper. Never heard of the Chipmunks one, though. After a while I only saw Homies, and then after that I only saw lead kid's jewelry and goo.
I've seen the Cartoon Network ones at the movies maybe a couple of years ago, out of the ones on display, the ones that stood out to me were Ed and Chicken.

But yeah, lke here's Jeanette and Eleanor for example...

Drtooth

Reaction score

One Mango to rule them all, One mango to find them.

Yeah... looking at those Chippette figures... why did we only get Homies and that recalled jewelry crap? Still, I wish I got more of the Dragon Ball set... I miss collecting those, I really do. All I see are stickers and goo and "hick teeth." But I am seeing more figures... unfortunately not these... and there IS a movie out.

Drtooth

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen a dub of The Chipmunks where there's any sped up recording, they all speak in human voices... what I do find odd is that they take time to dub the songs as well, because most international dubs of any show or movie, they just keep the songs in in English.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I watched a couple of minutes of the German version... I think I can vouche for that... but there's some weird distortion on the voices of the Chipmunks... like they sped them up slightly to make them sound a couple pitches higher... so I can't really tell.

Still, Japanese voice actresses are capable of exceedingly high pitched tones naturally. Kinda weird... but not as weird as the vocal range on Japanese voice actor Ryūsei Nakao.

Yorick

Reaction score
Spoof of "The Christmas Song, Chipmunks Roasting On An Open Fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3M7IR6jkpc
(It's a sequel to "Twisted Chipmunk Song" which is a parody of "The Chipmunk song, but I can't find it youtube. Maybe grooveshark.com has it.)