Songs You Can't Stand

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, we have similar threads for songs we're listening to right now, we can't get out of our heads, etc... but are there any songs out there you just absolutely cannot stand whenever you hear it on the radio, or in a public place, at played at a party, etc? For me, I have a list of top three songs I cannot stand:

1. "Physical" by Oliva Newton-John
Ugh! I love the 80s, but really, this song is rully annoying, and I'm told he MV was just as annoying as the song itself, which I haven't seen, but I believe it.

2. "I Wanna Know What Love Is" by Foreigner
I'm not even a really big Foreigner fan anyway, but what irks me about this song is it sounds like the group is basically shouting the chorus rather than singing it, I mean is this supposed to be a love song, or primal scream therapy?

3. "Brown-Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison
Ehh... you know, there's just some songs that maybe enjoyable at first, but the more you hear it over and over and over again it drives you nuts, and this song has reached that point for me, I got so sick of it that now whenever I hear it, it drives me nuts.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
2. "I Wanna Know What Love Is" by Foreigner
I'm not even a really big Foreigner fan anyway, but what irks me about this song is it sounds like the group is basically shouting the chorus rather than singing it, I mean is this supposed to be a love song, or primal scream therapy?
Well yeah that was the style back then, I like it personally, lol.

Ehh... you know, there's just some songs that maybe enjoyable at first, but the more you hear it over and over and over again it drives you nuts, and this song has reached that point for me, I got so sick of it that now whenever I hear it, it drives me nuts.
Here I agree with you, I have never liked this song. It just never grabbed me at all and therefore it feels like it goes on forever, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The part where they say "skippin' an a Jomphin'" just drives me nuts for some reason, as does the "ADIP dop dopp blip bplop a dudduadop..." at the end.

I really don't like that "Take a Load of Flannbny" song by The Band. Like I said, sounds like the guys who sung that lost their tongues.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really don't like that "Take a Load of Flannbny" song by The Band. Like I said, sounds like the guys who sung that lost their tongues.
The last time you mentioned that, I was half-expecting to see Mushmouth singing that song in your dA gallery. :stick_out_tongue:

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I really can't stand the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". It's just a really annoying song in my opinion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"The Christmas Shoes."

Oh, wait, sorry, you said "songs you can't stand," not "songs that make you tear out all your hair and scream at the top of your lungs in pure hatred."
THANK YOU! That song really annoys me. It's just too sappy, ugh. Lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Haha and I thought I was the only one who dislikes "The Christmas Shoes"
Definitely not. I mean I know it sounds awful, but every time I hear that song I keep thinking, "Kid, go home and be with your mother, stop worrying about the freakin shoes!" Lol