Songs You Can't Stand

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as Christmas songs go, I'm not particularly fond of "SIM-PLY HA-VING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME!" either... I feel like a villain suddenly singling out songs that involve any of the Beatles, because I do love the Beatles as much as anyone, but those two songs in particular I just don't care for.

And some kind of Christmas movie actually killed "Carol of the Bells" for me... I don't even remember the name of the movie, or what it was about, but we watched it in school around Christmas in Grade 4, and it was the very first time I heard it (or remember hearing it): the song was at first used because a music box played it, and a boy wanted to get the music box for his mother foChristmas because apparently it was her favorite carol... fast forward towards the climax of the movie, the boy's walking down a dark street, it's snowing heavily, and a rather demonic version of the song is playing I guess to add embence to the scene, and this bad kid who was like the antagonist of the story is in an alley, waiting to attack the other guy for reasons I don't remember now, so... yeah... aren't I a wuss?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
As far as Christmas songs go, I'm not particularly fond of "SIM-PLY HA-VING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME!" either... I feel like a villain suddenly singling out songs that involve any of the Beatles, because I do love the Beatles as much as anyone, but those two songs in particular I just don't care for.
Ha ha ha ha! I used to annoy the heck out of one of my friends in high school by singing this song because he made the mistake of telling me he hated it. I even once called his house, got the machine, and just played the entire song as the message. But I can totally see why someone would hate this song, it is pretty repetitive.

Puckrox

Reaction score
As far as Christmas songs go, I'm not particularly fond of "SIM-PLY HA-VING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME!"
If that song's on the radio I will literally get up and leave the room, or if in the car I'll change the channel. I cannot stand it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha! I used to annoy the heck out of one of my friends in high school by singing this song because he made the mistake of telling me he hated it. I even once called his house, got the machine, and just played the entire song as the message. But I can totally see why someone would hate this song, it is pretty repetitive.
Heh, yeah I know what that's like, I have a friend who absolutely hates snow with a passion, so any chance I get, I'll intentionally bring snow up in the conversation... I was even tempted to send her a gag gift for Christmas this year when I saw an ornament in Goodwill that had a snowman sitting atop some building block-like cubes that spelled out "I &heart; SNOW".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As far as Christmas songs go, I'm not particularly fond of "SIM-PLY HA-VING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME!"
OK, I love the Beatles but I'll agree, there's not much to this song. It did feel like one of Paul's famous "written in 5 minutes" numbers, hehe. :wink:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
"I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth" ad nauseum. *struggles not to go into a Hulk-like rage*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As much as I love Phil Collins, and I know "In the Air Tonight" is one of his biggest hits, it's not one of my favorites of his. :smirk:

dwmckim

Reaction score
1. "Physical" by Oliva Newton-John
I think the main reason i like this song is because ever since when it was originally out, whenever ONJ would start to sing "Let's get ANIMAL - animal!", i always pictured Animal's eyes lighting up and going "Olivia get Animal?!" followed by Animal running away...and then back in the opposite direction towards Olivia.

beaker

Reaction score
Pretty much every song on the radio or thats popular. People complain about the blandness of Nickelback. To me most mainstream music sounds like Nickelback. I like *some* classic rock, mostly 60's and 70's British and New York stuff. And while I like a good amount of "80's" bands, there's also a lot of 80's stuff I feel didn't age well. And 90's music, particularly 95-2001 era stuff to me is simply terrible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And some kind of Christmas movie actually killed "Carol of the Bells" for me... I don't even remember the name of the movie, or what it was about, but we watched it in school around Christmas in Grade 4, and it was the very first time I heard it (or remember hearing it): the song was at first used because a music box played it, and a boy wanted to get the music box for his mother foChristmas because apparently it was her favorite carol... fast forward towards the climax of the movie, the boy's walking down a dark street, it's snowing heavily, and a rather demonic version of the song is playing I guess to add embence to the scene, and this bad kid who was like the antagonist of the story is in an alley, waiting to attack the other guy for reasons I don't remember now, so... yeah... aren't I a wuss?
Solution... watch the Claymation Christmas special... I will forever associate Carol of the Bells with a goofy bell saying, "Uhh... I los' mine."