1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Songs You Can't Stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Can Henson songs count? 'Cause I can't really stand the "It's Zydeco" song by the bunch of AMs.
  2. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Of course Henson songs count...we don't have to like EVERYTHING. I know i have a few i don't care for but they aren't immediately coming to mind as i type but stand by...
  3. Ozymandias Well-Known Member

You don't like this song? SACRILEGE! :p I kid, I kid. To each their own, I guess.

Personally, it's probably my favorite Christmas song precisely because it's so creepy and it always reminds me of The Nutcracker for some reason. "Gay lithering wild people singing songs of good cheer, Christmas is here!" :D
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I can't stand "Just one Person." Not like the rest of these songs... hearing it makes me just absolutely depressed due to the fact I will forever associate it with Jim Henson's passing, and the special and memorial service that used it. Took me forever not to tear up hearing Rainbow Connection. When you lose your hero that early in life, it's pretty sad stuff.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  5. heralde Well-Known Member

Well I don't really despise this song, but I would like to bring up "Alfie the Christmas Tree" from the John Denver Muppets Christmas album. Am I the only one who, on the first hearing on this song, thought, "Oh no...Alfie's going to get chopped at the end isn't he?" Lol
  6. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Probably because PWMS WORE IT OUT... much like "Shake Your Rattle and Roll".

But onto my post... "Angel of the Morning". It doesn't matter if it's the original, or the cover, both get on my nerve... the way the original is sung irritates me, and the cover was one of those songs that teenaged girls would sing along to really obnoxiously on the bus...
  7. Amanda Taylor Active Member

I think the worst song to get in your head is the Barney song.
    ZeppoAndFriends likes this.
  8. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Another Henson song I don't care for: "There's a New Sound". Despite Richard, the performance is literally the same verse sung four times, with the only difference between them is a modulation.
  9. Amanda Taylor Active Member

The song is okay that I'm thinking of but they say the same thing over and over again. That song is "Around The World."
  10. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I hate that line the man says "God had sent that little boy to show me what Chrismas is all about!"Really? Really? He'd kill a woman who had a son who loved her just to get you to change your attitude?
  11. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

[I hate Dominic The Donkey with a passion, because of my name.
    Hayley B likes this.
  12. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

It's not a bad song, it's just that one line is annoying.
  13. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

(pats Drtooth's shoulder) I know. I understand! He was dead, before I even exsited.
  14. heralde Well-Known Member

Well not that I'm defending the song because I don't like it either, lol, but I think it's more that God inspired the boy to seek a gift for his mom.

There, I'm done defending, lol.
  15. miss kermie Well-Known Member

THANK YOU! That is exactly what I was going to say!
  16. Hayley B Active Member

My mom likes to sing that one. But your reason is too funny.
    miss kermie likes this.
  17. Amanda Taylor Active Member

I think one of the oddest songs is "The BAdger Song" on Youtube.
  18. miss kermie Well-Known Member

I HATE THAT SONG!

And that song I used to love called, "IMMA BANANA!"
  19. Hayley B Active Member

The ones I can't stand are the ones that say mostly one thing in the whole entire song. Like "The Sign " by Ace of Base or that new Rihanna song "We Found Love ".
  20. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Rihanna turned out just plain trashy. She was alright when she first came out, but in the last year or so, she's just gotten trashier and trashier.
    miss kermie and Hayley B like this.