Songs You Can't Stand

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You don't have to like but you might want to rephrase the way you put it before.
I'm not trying to start a flame war about New York accents, or New York Jew accents, or even accents in general here.

I mean heck, if that were the case, I could go into a mini-rant about how horribly people in movies and such fake southern accents... they sound more Cajun than they do anything, even Billy Bob Thornton agrees real southerns do NOT talk like that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So I turn on my local radio station and SURPRISE! they're playing "War is Over" Lol.

But thankfully immediately after they played the Red Baron song, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are Madonna songs i like, some i love and some i could take or leave but when it comes to Madonna songs i can't stand, Cherish comes to mind.
I just can't flat out stand Madonna! I blame her for Dick Tracy not doing well. Anytime someone says "Lady Gaga ripped off Madonna" I have to say, if that were possible, Gag's music wouldn't be catchy or even remotely good. When Sean Penn punched out that guy with a camera, he clearly WAS in a relationship with Madonna. otherwise he wouldn't have been that angry!

I got a million of these. Really I do. Material Girl's okay, I guess.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
What about "Like A Virgin"? That, "Material Girl" and "4 Minutes" are pretty much the only Madonna songs I really know... (that last one only because I saw it in the "Get Smart" movie which really was a pretty awful version of the TV show... though it got some things right.) Oh yeah- and "Like A Prayer".

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
(By the way- not saying that those are all necessarily good songs content wise, but they have pretty catchy tunes...)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just can't flat out stand Madonna! I blame her for Dick Tracy not doing well. Anytime someone says "Lady Gaga ripped off Madonna" I have to say, if that were possible, Gag's music wouldn't be catchy or even remotely good.
I don't find Lady Gaga's music remotely good or catchy, so if she was trying to ripped off Madonna, she did a poor job. :wink: Just my opinion. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, you have to admit, whenever Lady Gaga's in the news, it IS unintentionally entertaining.

Now, when it comes to rip offs, I still say that this Nicki Minaj is clearly trying to b another Lady Gaga, they even look a like.

Katy Perry seems to be making her wardrobe and everything more and more outlandish as well (though some of her songs are somewhat enjoyable, like here in Knoxville, it's considered "illegal" to not play "Firework" during the Boomsday fireworks show).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't find Lady Gaga's music remotely good or catchy, so if she was trying to ripped off Madonna, she did a poor job. :wink: Just my opinion. :smile:
Honestly, I think she's in the WRONG type of music, myself. I heard her cover some Jazz standards, and she's perfect for that. Even her unplugged piano versions of some of her songs are better than the technopop versions. But I will say this... she IS the master of mainstream American Technopop Dance music. It's a very crappy genre to be sure, but she manages to do it justice. Plus, even if her demeanor isn't as genuine as her fans would like to think, at least she doesn't come across a self righteous schnook like Madonna did...

I cannot stand musicians like Madonna, Shinade O' Conner, and (especially) Kanye West who latch onto weird causes and act like arrogant twits about them. Shinade O' Conner ripping up a picture of the Pope for no reason on SNL.... yeah, that'll leanr those Catholics... whatever it was she was stating... that no one got. John Lennon took very obvious stands for peace, but didn't look like a total jerk doing it. Heck, Bono's actually sincere about the stuff he talks about... maybe a little annoying sometimes, but he got stuff done.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kayne's a hoot, you gotta admit! I mean, you can't help but burst into laughter whenever he throws a tantrum at award shows... heck, I'd considerit an honor to be upstaged b=y Kanye ranting against me, :laugh: