1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Songs You Can't Stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 30, 2011.

1. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I hate that song "Paper planes."
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ah, Barney. You can scope the talent of your kid's show by how many of their "songs" are just public Domain crap with poorly written lyrics forced in there.

And not even in a Weird Al Yankovic, intentional lyric replacement that makes the song actually better kind of way. Just the "we're making out signature song something we don't have to write and we don't have to pay for" way.

Lazy, terrible show.

It's almost a call back to Henson's earlier Sam and Friends type sketches, because it's basically a wacky record that Jim and the rest dressed up with crazy visuals. other than that, it's just a lame Spike Jonez like novelty record that isn't quite all that funny.
  3. mo

mo Well-Known Member

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Almost sounds like a random show-stopping song from Courage the Cowardly Dog, particularly the first and last 10 seconds.
  5. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I hate that show.
  6. miss kermie

But courage is soooooo awesome....

But I hate the background Music.
    D'Snowth likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hear! Hear!
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

A song I can't stand, I really don't have any idea what it's called. I'm assuming it's called "It's a Good Life" or something to that effect. It has a lot of oooooooooooooing in it. Don't know much about it, I hear it frequently on the radio and in stores. I absolutely cannot stand that song!
  9. miss kermie

I
    HATE
    THE
    NYAN CAT
    SONG!!!!
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  10. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------
    I'm actually kind of grateful to admit I have NO IDEA what "The Christmas Shoes" even is. I tend to avoid anything commerical during the Xmas consumer-worshipping-baal season...

Can't stand pop. Period. Anything we used to call top 40, now taken over by even worse bands than what was ruling the charts in the mid-'80s. (See earlier comment about Foreigner, heh.) All flash, no class, no talent.

But the worst offender recently has been that horrible "Put a Ring On It" trash. How the heck did this repetitive, boring, pointless song ever reach popular status?

I refuse to be the same species as anyone who listens to it willingly.
    ---------------
  11. mo

mo Well-Known Member

what!
  12. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Not just "almost", but actually WAS done on Sam & Friends. Believe it or not, the Muppets did improve upon the original. Definately something that was bound to be a UK skit - kinda cute idea but thrown together without much effort to fill that time.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yes. That sums up what I've been trying to say for years.
  14. miss kermie

So, you don't even like michael Jackson then?
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Found that out when I was looking up the author, didn't change comment.

But yeah, it's like that. Jim found these bizarre records and puppeteered to them, making them a hundred times more memorable. That's why the MOOG music from a Swedish sex documentary became one of the top songs associated with The Muppets.
  16. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

It's a good song otherwise I think.
  17. Dominicboo1

Thanks!
  18. mo

mo Well-Known Member

my teacher showed me that...
  19. Dominicboo1

The song?
  20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

My dad loves that song. Thank goodness they practically never play it on the radio :p