1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Songs You Can't Stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 30, 2011.

1. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Not really, no. Some of his videos were quite creative..."Thriller," "Ghosts," from an eye-candy standpoint...but no. Pop is still pop, and they all sound the same to me...yawn-inducing and mostly in four-four time. Haven't any pop bands ever heard of, of, I don't know, chord or time signature changes? EVER?
    ---------------
    miss kermie likes this.
  2. bandit Well-Known Member

Well you've gotta take pop for what it is. It's musical junk food. It's good for a cheap treat but it lacks any kind of nutritional value or enrichment. ^_^
  3. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Huh...no. I don't buy it. A Twinkie has a longer shelf life than anything on Billboard.
    --------------
  4. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I don't believe that at all. Every genre of music can have value, even pop. Just because something is designated pop[ular] doesn't necessarily render it good or bad. :wisdom:
    bandit likes this.
  5. bandit Well-Known Member

Hahahahah! Well who the heck BUYS music anyway!? I do for the bands I want to support but these days you can just download everything from one place or another. But come on. Even you hate pop, you can appreciate the odd song here or there.
  6. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------
    Why yes. I do appreciate the odd song. Dread Zeppelin, and anything from Dr Demento, in the right mood...:)

------------
  7. bandit Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's kind of a gross generalization but my point is that just because something ISN'T musical genius doesn't mean you can't enjoy it for what it is. Like watching a Sci Fi horror movie . Or even worse...ScyFy.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  8. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

*shudder* She said DA WOIDS! Aaaaaaa!!

Nii! Nii! Nii!
    -------------
    bandit likes this.
  9. bandit Well-Known Member

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

I've thought of another song I hate. The title escapes me but...It's the Toby Keith song about putting a boot in someone's ---! That's apparently the amuhrican way.
  10. heralde Well-Known Member

Courtesy of the Red White and Blue.
    bandit likes this.
  11. bandit Well-Known Member

THAT'S the one! Thank you! Now I can properly direct my ire!
  12. Bannanasketch Active Member

I like that song! lol
    bandit likes this.
  13. bandit Well-Known Member

Well, I do understand. We're all different and...Hey, that's what the Jim Henson spirit is all about-- accepting people's differences and coming together as one happy family.....but uh....gotta say, as your newly adopted family.....

AHHHHH!!! ARE YOU -CRAZY-?! @___@ It burns! It burns! *covers ears*
    heralde likes this.
  14. Bannanasketch Active Member

Oh, yes the Henson spirit that... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.... we can accept differences and... THAT SONG IS AMURICAN.... we can all get all along... YOU'RE PROBABLY UNPATRIOTIC.... and agree to disagree.

Kidding with the all caps. :p

'MURHICA!
    heralde likes this.
  15. bandit Well-Known Member

*laughs* Yeah yeah yeah! I keep catching he-- well you know what for -that-. It's all that emphasis I like to put on things.

*lol* Yes. You've found me out. My dislike of that song has everything to do with my utter lack of patriotism.
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  16. DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

i really hate The Party Rock Anthem, its terrible!
  17. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Really, any Taylor Swift song, because really, all her songs are basically the same "I was the one you should have chosen instead of her, so it's your loss".

While I'm on the subject, with the exception of "Born this Way" (Weird Al's parody is EPIC), all of Lady Gaga's songs sound the same too.
    newsmanfan, Bannanasketch and bandit like this.
  18. bandit Well-Known Member

Haha! Yeah, she has that and Pink seems to have this whole 'I don't need you anymore! Rah! Girl Power in your face with tattoos!'
    but I don't hate her.
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Glee absolutely ruined "Livin' on a Prayer" for me... even hearing Bon Jovi's original causes the hairs on my back to stand on in. *Cringes*
  20. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I understand Gaga's role as provocateur and her modern-day Warhol entourage type wardrobe. She's creative and a very talented pianist and singer. An artist that can actually sing and play an instrument is unfortunately uncommon these days. However, her songwriting seems to swipe a lot from everybody else. She should just have somebody else write for her instead. For better or worse I don't see much career longevity for her like Cher or Madonna have experienced because in the end it comes down to songwriting.
    Drtooth likes this.