Songs You Can't Stand

Ozymandias

Reaction score
"The Christmas Shoes."

Oh, wait, sorry, you said "songs you can't stand," not "songs that make you tear out all your hair and scream at the top of your lungs in pure hatred."
Agreed 110%. Simply the WORST Christmas song ever, if only because it is way too sappy! The cover done by Avalon is the worst of all of them because of that stupid xylophone at the beginning. *shudders*

Puckrox

Reaction score
"The Christmas Shoes."

Oh, wait, sorry, you said "songs you can't stand," not "songs that make you tear out all your hair and scream at the top of your lungs in pure hatred."
UGH. That song. I don't think anyone has ever liked that song (well that must not be true, otherwise it would have never made it to the radio in the first point). I love Patton Oswalt's bit where he rips on the song. It's hilarious.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
UGH. That song. I don't think anyone has ever liked that song (well that must not be true, otherwise it would have never made it to the radio in the first point). I love Patton Oswalt's bit where he rips on the song. It's hilarious.
I thought about posting it and then thought twice. But anyone who wants a great laugh ought to look up "Patton Oswalt Christmas Shoes" on YouTube. Warning: definitely NOT suitable for work or kiddos.

"I may have died for your sins but those pumps are unforgivable!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Agreed 110%. Simply the WORST Christmas song ever, if only because it is way too sappy! The cover done by Avalon is the worst of all of them because of that stupid xylophone at the beginning. *shudders*
I love "The Christmas Shoes"- it's a great song. Of course, I guess I tend to love all the "sappy" and "sugary" and "sweet" and "saccharine-filled", etc. type stuff anyway.:laugh:
And just for the record, the song is based on a true story, so that might help lend it some credibility.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I think I've come to hate any and all versions of Little Drummer Boy. I don't know why, it just grates my nerves.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not that I can't stand this song, but I can't stand what happened to it in animated TV show form...

One of my Youtube friends really likes Teddy Ruxpin, and I usually see her favorites and uploads...

here's the original cassette tape version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7czRLu-wyI

Insanely catchy. I wish I had that book and tape when I was younger...

here's the poorly mixed cartoon version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1D7UEsZ18g

the insane amount of added, poorly timed "Do its" take away from the song. Shame, it's a pretty catchy little song for a kid's book and tape (and animatronic toy bear) series.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I think I've come to hate any and all versions of Little Drummer Boy. I don't know why, it just grates my nerves.
I dunno, the Josh Groban version of Little Drummer Boy is pretty amazing. :smile: