Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I'm so excited for this Muppety explosion. Kinda sad that the World of Muppets didn't make it in. Let's hope Kenny's new gets a spot in the Mighty Fine contest. Many of the entries are on white colored shirts so I'll probably stick to purchasing Gonzo Floating (in the wind), the Muppet balloons and the Statler & Waldorf pocket one.

I do think it's funny that these were released two days before the Mighty Fine contest winners are to be announced.

PDiddymus

Reaction score
Thanks, James! And congrats on getting reprinted.

I think the best thing to come out of all the Muppet mania this year is that we don't only get to celebrate the Muppets, but our own Muppet fandom as well.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Threadless will be having the $10 shirt sale so I can buy a couple muppet shirts? $120 for 5 shirts is expensive to me.

Jasonzilla

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Threadless will be having the $10 shirt sale so I can buy a couple muppet shirts? $120 for 5 shirts is expensive to me.
That's what I'm hoping for. I'd buy a ton of these for my wife and myself, but not at $20+ a pop. But then again, we run the risk of them being sold out when they DO have a $10 sale. Decisions, decisions. This is a pickle! :confused:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
wow so many more muppet shirts so buying the muppet balloons one when anothersale comes so i can have a third shirt for xmas what a muppety christmas this will turn out to be

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awesome that so many designs are now available!!!

BUT... why oh why is Mr. Penguin's design not among them?!? His is the shirt that I want the MOST! :frown:

Reaction score
I don't know what makes me happier; that my design made the list or that the Muppets are back on the radar for coveted holiday gifts! :smile:
If I were you, I'd be equally happy about each. I don't need to explain how much I'm excited about the Muppets being back in the limelight. If you're on these boards, you know how it feels. I went twice on opening day and the audience reaction was terrific. As far as your shirt goes, I can't wear it anywhere without getting compliments. At first people are like, "Nice Kermit shirt." but when they see the details in it, they are really blown away. A lot of love went into that design. That's why Disney could never come up with a design half as good. That's also why I'm glad they made it a fan contest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I did a "Friends" parody teeshirt. Sadly it's not been well received
That's actually pretty good... problem with me is a F.R.I.E.N.D.S. parody seems too dated to be fresh, but not quite old enough to be classic. Plus, let's face it... when everyone else has the same idea and executes it poorly, it does cheapen the better efforts. It is unfortunate that your piece fell into the same pile as a clumsily fan arty parody that ran out of girls and used Wanda.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd be equally happy about each. I don't need to explain how much I'm excited about the Muppets being back in the limelight. If you're on these boards, you know how it feels. I went twice on opening day and the audience reaction was terrific. As far as your shirt goes, I can't wear it anywhere without getting compliments. At first people are like, "Nice Kermit shirt." but when they see the details in it, they are really blown away. A lot of love went into that design. That's why Disney could never come up with a design half as good. That's also why I'm glad they made it a fan contest.
wow! that's very sweet! :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I got one of the two shirts I ordered on threadless today! Hopefully the other one will come sometime soon, but I'm definitely going to be wearing the one I do have to my fourth The Muppets screening tomorrow. :smile: