The Muppets Movie Reviews

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Just found out the rating on Rotten Tomatoes is down to 97% which isn't bad, but it's only because some idiot's review on his blog was counted in... :/

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Hack and Swill is long out of the running. It's destined to be the WORST reviewed film of the year. Adam Sandler's sophomoric comedies had a place in the 90's, but they're no longer funny or enjoyable. From what I read, all the characters are instantly unlikable and the fact it even had one decent weekend is a shock. PG rating or not, I wouldn't take my hypothetical kids to see that filth.
When I first saw the trailer for it, when Jill turned around, someone sitting near me said, "Ha ha! It's him! Oh man!"

So, Rick Perry could become President, is what I'm saying.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just found out the rating on Rotten Tomatoes is down to 97% which isn't bad, but it's only because some idiot's review on his blog was counted in... :/
As much as I like Blogs and think they have a purpose, they're often given way too much credit, lol.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
\
I just want it to beat out the completely plastic kiddy flicks that you can see any time of the year. Especially the Christmas one... I kinda seem to have a vendetta against it, but that's ONLY because I feel no one should ever make a Christmas special or movie again. They clearly lost the means how, and just keep ripping each other off. The last good one, Prep and Landing, seems to be completely pilfered here.
Arthur Christmas did get good reviews. It just has bad timing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd probably have to see that overblown excuse of a Christmas special to get a real feeling for what it is, but the plot synopsis, trailers, and overall character looks just give me a total ick. From what I understand the movie's about the clumsy brother who's not as valuable as the others but somehow manages to save the day by "thinking differently." Isn't that... wasn't there some REALLY famous Christmas special that was sort of like that? I remember it being on every single year and referenced in everything... an outcast saving the day... hmmm... it's like there was this special where one of Santa's reindeer had some weird affliction that made everyone hate him, and at one point said affliction is extremely useful in saving the day. I swear there was some kinda reference to that in Nightmare Before Christmas... I just can't put my finger on it.

But seriously... it's like they took their version of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and cross bred it with Prep and Landing. Even if this movie came out a year before or after and was in no direct competition with the Muppets I'd say ick. There's NO shortage of Christmas specials that are good. They just lost the know how to make GOOD ones.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
But seriously... it's like they took their version of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and cross bred it with Prep and Landing. Even if this movie came out a year before or after and was in no direct competition with the Muppets I'd say ick. There's NO shortage of Christmas specials that are good. They just lost the know how to make GOOD ones.
The Prep and Landing comparison is pretty much how I felt about it too. THough interstingly it has gotten good reviews (and more merchandise than Muppets at Toys R US GRRRRR). Even with the good reviews it deosn't interest me. I think a lot of people see the preview and feel it is derivitive of other material. If it is different/better they needed to market it better. I certainly wouldn't have opened it against Muppets... a weekend earlier or later would have been wise. I have been hearing kids at our school go on and on about the Muppets (even in the upper grades where I teach) haven't hear too much about Arthur Christmas.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Heck that's as high as many Pixar films get. Anything fresh on that website should be taken as a compliment.