If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish they made that as a TV special instead of MupOz. To this day, I found that a stupid idea since conception. Kermit: Prince of Denmark would have at least been funny.

I would rather not have anything Classic retelling, even in a parody way for the next project. I wouldn't want a direct sequel either (though i would want Walter there) because they never did direct sequels before. It's hard to say what kind of movie I would like to see next. I don't want a retelling, sequel, or a theme movie (if they can help it)... Cheapest may just work if done right...

Still, I want to see focus on some sort of TV project, be it a TV Show (you know my feelings on that, but I think there's more of a chance now) or even a special.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Cheapest" seems like it would work better as a special than a movie IMO.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
What is the phrenology act in? Is in an episode from season 4 or 5, because as I was born after the Muppets, and only know what I can see on DVDs. Hint hint Disney!
Exactly! HINT HINT!!!

It's actually in an episode from Season 2, I think. I'll see if I can give you the link. But you can find a fair number of Season 4 &5 episodes on Youtube I've discovered.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
DominicBoo: Look for the Cleo Lane episode on Youtube. It should be somewhere in there. :smile:

We Got Us

Reaction score
I think the next thing will be another television show. It just seems like the next logical step the way I believe Disney thinks. However I hope they go for another movie or special. And whatever it is I hope they get Jason Segel to write, he rocks! :big_grin:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
DominicBoo: Look for the Cleo Lane episode on Youtube. It should be somewhere in there. :smile:
Thanks bingboing cutie! All I remember from that episode was Animal saying how much he loves her, and Fozzie's mother being in the audience and falling asleep.

Drtooth

Reaction score
"Cheapest" seems like it would work better as a special than a movie IMO.
It could and couldn't... I'm of two minds on the project for all the reasons I stated. On the one hand, The Muppet Movie followed into a second movie that was a parody of /homage to 1940's film musicals and mystery movies... no one would have seen that... but on the other hand, it's too experimental an idea and could go very wrong very fast. Still, the question is where do the Muppets go from here in a theatrical sense....

TheVoiceGuy

Reaction score
Perhaps a complete remake of The Muppet Show with new guest stars?:big_grin:

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
What I would like to see: A NEW Muppet Show that has guest stars and airs byweekly.

What will probably happen: More Muppet guest appearances leading up to another movie which will probably be written by Jason again