The 10 Worst Muppets?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know one of the things that I liked about Richard Hunt's performances is that from time to time, he would always have a loud New Yorker character either on screen or off screen. An example of that is on the 80s direct to video combo from 1985 I'm guessing, It was called: Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff. And in there Gonzo was showing off his so called mansion or summer home even though he was trying to hide the fact that it was just a trailer home. LOL Anyway Richard Hunt would be the voice of Gonzo's New Yorker Landlord "HEY BUZZARD BEAK!!! WHERE'S MY RENT MONEY????" LOL No one could do that better than Richard Hunt LOL
I used to have that tape, loved Richard as the land lord, lol. And yes I also loved it whenever he channeled his New Jersey/New York side, hehe.

dte

Reaction score
I've always felt Wayne and Wanda were conceived as short term Muppets, created exclusively as a foil for Kermit to fire someone.

We Got Us

Reaction score
I'm so very glad this got everybody as mad as it did. The first time I saw it, I clicked verrryyyy reluctantly, driven by my terrible curiosity and anger that such a list ever existed....and yet not wanting to have to create an account on some stupid humor sight just so I can cuss someone out that wouldn't even care (and obviously knew way more dirty words then I did). But I willed myself to do it, and I remember waiting for it to load thinking 'Please don't let there be Scooter, please don't let there be Scooter..." Aaaand, there he was. Top of the list. Drop. Dead. Internet Man. And don't you ever put him on a list like that.....his uncle probably owns your computer, dweeb!

I have sort of a love/hate relationship with Pepe. I used to hate his guts when I started catching up on newer Muppet stuff, mostly because a) it seemed like he got so much more screen-time than some of my older favorites (I.E. Scooter, once again, and Rowlf, and several others...) and b) because he seemed to relay on a way more macabre and smarmy type humor than I thought was necessary to the Muppets. (Topless club? Really?) But now that the new movies out, his screen time has been shortened a little bit and everyone seems to be sharing the lime-light fairly I've been giving him a chance. He's pretty durn funny after all.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have sort of a love/hate relationship with Pepe. I used to hate his guts when I started catching up on newer Muppet stuff, mostly because a) it seemed like he got so much more screen-time than some of my older favorites (I.E. Scooter, once again, and Rowlf, and several others...) and b) because he seemed to relay on a way more macabre and smarmy type humor than I thought was necessary to the Muppets. (Topless club? Really?) But now that the new movies out, his screen time has been shortened a little bit and everyone seems to be sharing the lime-light fairly I've been giving him a chance. He's pretty durn funny after all.
I've found that Pepe can be funny as long as he's given actual jokes as opposed to the tasteless stuff he's often saddled with. :rolleyes:

We Got Us

Reaction score
I've found that Pepe can be funny as long as he's given actual jokes as opposed to the tasteless stuff he's often saddled with. :rolleyes:
Good point, it's all script. I can't accuse Scooter of being tasteless because of the cage dancing I guess. :smirk: Ugh, it still goes against every bone in my body to use those words together in one sentence.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Good point, it's all script. I can't accuse Scooter of being tasteless because of the cage dancing I guess. :smirk: Ugh, it still goes against every bone in my body to use those words together in one sentence.
Believe me I understand. That special actually gave me nightmares. Not about that scene specifically, just in general. I don't even want to get into it, but it left me quite traumatized the next morning...:concern:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Believe me I understand. That special actually gave me nightmares. Not about that scene specifically, just in general. I don't even want to get into it, but it left me quite traumatized the next morning...:concern:
I made the terrible mistake of watching it with my four little sisters...the youngest of whom is three. It was, to say the least, terribly disheartening. These are the Muppets, and I'm having to explain to my little sisters whats going on in a scene with a rave dance club?? Yeah, when I saw Scooter I literally hid my head under the blankets without even thinking about it. Not something I EVER wanted to see, or something Richard Hunt would have wanted for the naive, plucky-14-year-old-version of himself. (And he is supposed to be 14, think about that Disney). Yeah, another reason why the new movie being so awesome is so.....awesome!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I made the terrible mistake of watching it with my four little sisters...the youngest of whom is three. It was, to say the least, terribly disheartening. These are the Muppets, and I'm having to explain to my little sisters whats going on in a scene with a rave dance club?? Yeah, when I saw Scooter I literally hid my head under the blankets without even thinking about it. Not something I EVER wanted to see, or something Richard Hunt would have wanted for the naive, plucky-14-year-old-version of himself. (And he is supposed to be 14, think about that Disney). Yeah, another reason why the new movie being so awesome is so.....awesome!
Exactly. I have absolutely no problem with the Muppets doing adult humor. But, heh, that special had ZERO adult humor in it. It was immature, cheap, childish, mean spirited non humor!

And yeah for a long time (after the nightmare especially, heh) I was really depressed thinking there was just no way back. So I'm very grateful for this new movie that thankfully proved me wrong. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
These are the Muppets, and I'm having to explain to my little sisters whats going on in a scene with a rave dance club??
And I know some people try to say, "Well it's an alternate universe; it's supposed to be disturbing." But the thing is, if they'd done the same story line in the '70s or '80s they would have made it disturbing and thought provoking. Not disturbing and...yeah just disturbing!

We Got Us

Reaction score
Exactly. I have absolutely no problem with the Muppets doing adult humor. But, heh, that special had ZERO adult humor in it. It was immature, cheap, childish, mean spirited non humor!

And yeah for a long time (after the nightmare especially, heh) I was really depressed thinking there was just no way back. So I'm very grateful for this new movie that thankfully proved me wrong. :smile:
Me too. That isn't 'adult humor' it's tastelessness that's not suitable for kids or intelligent adults. I have no problem with adult humor either (OK, so its a little hard explaining to the kids why they can't watch the Raquel Welch episode of TMS) but at lease that's all in good taste. I love that episode as an example of this because even if it is obviously adult humor all the characters are the same old innocent Muppets and the contrast is what makes it great. Naive Fozzie to scared to meet Raquel, Scooter bragging about his kiss from her...I love that. And you are totally right about disturbing VS. thought provoking. The only thought that provoked was "KILL DISNEY! KILL THE PRODUCER! THE WRITER! DIRECTOR! KILL THEM NOOWW!!!"