Miss Piggy's first name?

Sam O'Rama

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but I was just reading the new issue of Bust magazine which has an interview with Miss Piggy! It's freaking awesome, but in the intro they claim her first name is Loreli (as stated in the Herb Alpert special). I of course checked Muppet Wiki and only saw mentions of "Piggy Lee". Any thoughts?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I asked this question, I saw somewhere that it says her name is Miss Piggy Lee. I asked if this is true and someone told me that it was mentioned on The muppet Show once but then was just dropped. So.............. I guess that's her full name

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I heard on the Jim Nabors epsiode her real name is Pigassius. Miss Piggy tells Jim to call her that to Kermit's surprise, but Piggy Lee sounds so much better. Pigassius sounds like a disease on Vetrinarian's Hospital.

David French

Reaction score
I heard on the Jim Nabors epsiode her real name is Pigassius. Miss Piggy tells Jim to call her that to Kermit's surprise, but Piggy Lee sounds so much better. Pigassius sounds like a disease on Vetrinarian's Hospital.
Pigathius is the name she gives to Avery Schreiber; that's quite clearly part of her plan to make Kermit jealous and can be dismissed. Piggy Lee is mentioned in the Jim Nabors episode and this is the closest we ever got to a real name.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Pigathius is the name she gives to Avery Schreiber; that's quite clearly part of her plan to make Kermit jealous and can be dismissed. Piggy Lee is mentioned in the Jim Nabors episode and this is the closest we ever got to a real name.
Ok! I got my epsidoes mixed up! Thank you for saing Piggy Lee is the right name. Pigathsius is just weird.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
"Miss Piggy" is probably just what the farmer called her, who first discovered the outgoing little piglet singing & dancing on top of an overturned slop bucket wearing a tiny pink dress (much to the chagrin of all the barnyard animals, who just wanted her to have a nice roll in the mud like a good little pig)..

Misskermie

Reaction score
Her name is Piggy Lee, but she dropped the Lee so she wasn't offending Peggy Lee, then she now claims her first name is Miss.

robodog

Reaction score
Her name is simply Piggy. The "Miss" came about because those who do not respect her are often quick to get their butt handed to them on a silver platter.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I just wanted to say, threads like this are why I come here.