Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

beaker

Reaction score
They probably have some stuff waiting in the wings. The toys are selling quite nicely, selling out in various stores... the amazon scalpers are starting to hit those prices up. And we had no clue about the giant sized Animal or Kermit. Walter's release was a huge surprise too.

Still, like I said, I walk into a TRU, and the Happy Feet 2 and Arthur Christmas garbage looks like its been laced with Anthrax. It's not that no one's buying them... it looks like people are going out of their way to avoid them.
I think even a year ago we both remarked how most likely we wouldn't see any Muppet merchandise, even though first time franchises get all sorts of goodies out the gate. Just the way it is I guess.

robodog

Reaction score
It is incredibly annoying to watch total crap get tons of merchandise and something as cool as The Muppets get very little. I want to be able to walk into a Wal Mart and pick up a Rowlf figure. And if the time comes when I can do this it would be best not to get between me and that Rowlf figure. If anyone does they can look forward to getting an enema with a toy lightsaber.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hmmm... I think marketing people are not so on the ball. I know some of you aren't big Smurf fans around here but my daughter collects these (she's 5 1/2 and she has been collecting them for almost three years... well before the movie came out). Anyways we were excited when the movie came out because we thought it meant that Smurfs would be easier to find than going to garage sales and such. Now while smurfs have been easier to find than Muppet merchandise it seems retailers didn't quite order much (small section in target). Now the movie did really well and it seems demand is high but not much supply. Muppets seems to be the same way but in a much worse situation. People keep asking me where my kids get their Muppet stuffed animals they drag with them everywhere. I tell them to check the disney store (though ours are much older than that). ANyways Disney Store here seems to almsost always be sold out. Toys R US has sold out of the What Nots and puppets (and don't seem to be reordering) even though those are high end items ($20 bucks for those puppets?). Demand is obviously high. SOmehwere someone is dropping the ball on what is hot as far as merchandise goes. Happy Feet I am sure will have a huge clearance sale at Toys R US as well as Arthur Christmas (which I'm not interested in but reviews say is good). So is it retailers that are not ordering products or disney that is not producing/liscensing products. I wish Diseny would lift their ban on Mcdonalds toys.... it would have been a great tie in with the movie and would have increased awareness with children of the Muppets (rather than just children who are children of Muppet fans)

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Smurfs stuff literally came out just after the movie hit theaters. I really think Sony didn't have any faith in the movie at all, but took the chance to move it up to July and then everything went uphill from there. Once the merchandise hit store shelves (at least the first time) they quickly disappeared. I went to a Target that had a whole end cap of Smurf figures... the week after the next, the endcap was GONE!

Of course, Sony doesn't have its head up its butt when it comes to Kid's meal promotions, so they had those things there too.

With the Muppets, it's mostly due to retailers and the toy companies. I don't think anyone expected the movie would breathe this much life back into the franchise. It's disheartening to think that the only places you can get a Kermit plush are Disney and Wallgreens. There should have at least been some motley Christmas stuff. But everything is selling out, sending the message that they completely underestimated how well this movie was going to do, and totally underestimated how the merchandise would go.

Mspiggy1

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I have a question about the Disney store gonzo plush. Have any of you ordered him online recently? I'm just wondering if they've made any improvements with his eyes. I've seen pics of some of them with funky eyes. lol. I want to order one online but I'm skeptical because of the eye problems.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I have a question about the Disney store gonzo plush. Have any of you ordered him online recently? I'm just wondering if they've made any improvements with his eyes. I've seen pics of some of them with funky eyes. lol. I want to order one online but I'm skeptical because of the eye problems.
go up a few pages and check out the gonzo i bought...i recommend on most of these guys you try to find them in store...not all are bad you just have to find the one that looks perfect to you

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
The disneystore just posted some new shirts for girls, boys, men, and women!! Some are awesome!! Plus TODAY is free shipping day

Puckrox

Reaction score
The disneystore just posted some new shirts for girls, boys, men, and women!! Some are awesome!! Plus TODAY is free shipping day
Ugggggh, the one shirt I want and it's only in boy sizes. Why doesn't the world understand that girls want shirts of Gonzo too? :frown: