Redesigned Muppets for "The Muppets" movie

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just absolutely losing my mind here, but I can't help but notice that the current Kermit puppet looks a little funky sometimes. I'm not quite sure what it is about it, because most of the time he looks fine, but sometimes he just looks...odd now. I didn't notice it so much in the movie itself, but rather in all the promotional appearances of Kermit before the film came out and such.

I feel like his eye focus is a little different now, or perhaps just the placement of his eyes. It also seems like his mouth is a little wider and rounder, and it makes his jaw look too large from certain angles.

I don't know. Perhaps I'm just nuts. But there have been lots of times recently when I've been watching Kermit and thought "Huh, he looks a little off there." I dunno...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
^ actually it recent years ive noticed every now and then one of Kermits eyes is off focus

Reevz1977

Reaction score
^ actually it recent years ive noticed every now and then one of Kermits eyes is off focus
I have really noticed that a lot of the Muppets eye focus seems off. I recall seeing a video with Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Michael Frith discussing the placement of the pupils. The were purposely placed closer together to give them better focus. The pupil placement now appears to be in the center of the eyes, giving a slightly spaced out look - Fozzie in particular suffers from this.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Im surprised how many of you like the new Mayhem... Too bright, too trendy, not enough rock n roll.

Bring back Zoots hat and Floyds Sgt Pepper Jacket.
Actually, the Mayhem has returned to their old, classic outfits within the last couple of years, including in the new movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have really noticed that a lot of the Muppets eye focus seems off. I recall seeing a video with Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Michael Frith discussing the placement of the pupils. The were purposely placed closer together to give them better focus. The pupil placement now appears to be in the center of the eyes, giving a slightly spaced out look - Fozzie in particular suffers from this.
There's something weird about Fozzie's head shape in recent years...

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fozzie_Bear_Through_the_Years

He had a really rounded head around the time VMX came out, and it's like they went back and forth on that shape...

Yeah, it looks like a completely new fabric is what Fozzie's made out of now, so that makes him look a bit of.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Everyone's talking about the core cast looking good or bad. But not one word of Bobo's new face mechanics? I loved the new Eyebrow and Ear movements on him.
Yeah, I did notice that! Subtle, but a very nice addition.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Has Bobo's ears never moved before? I thought they had...