What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Yeah, ironically Alvin will make more money than Muppets even though its opening weekend is a tad tiny. Even if there is easy proof that the box office is seriously tanking, Christmas break weekdays can't be beat. The only decent news is that this won't reach 200 million... a sign of slight Chipmunk fatigue.

As for Muppets itself, its performance just gets sadder and sadder. It'll make about three million this weekend, propelling over 70 million. The next three weeks will probably be the death knell, as only Xmas break will help it from y'know... disappearing. It'll barely reach 80 million and then sputter out.

Sigh. I really hope it does well internationally.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
We have a Muppet movie in theaters, guys. And a really good one at that. In my eyes, there's nothing to be unhappy about here.

beaker

Reaction score
they already broke half the toys they got, and got bored with the other half... that's why the last 2 were surprise hits. Of course, the Christmas Song tie in kinda helped with the first one.
America's ungrateful mass consumer worship makes me sicker and sicker. Won't be long before the whole economy and society implodes, and people are left realizing what truly matters. These disgusting "hybrid family movies" of grotesque cgi over lame brain live action is just the latest sign of the end times.

Anyways, as always many of the best films are coming out around this time. Very much looking forward to dragon tattoo, tintin, extremely loud and close, young adult, tinker tailor soldier spy, shame, etc.

Puckrox

Reaction score
We have a Muppet movie in theaters, guys. And a really good one at that. In my eyes, there's nothing to be unhappy about here.
Here here. I'm going to be seeing it for my sixth time this Wednesday. I bet you I'll still cry and laugh. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, ironically Alvin will make more money than Muppets even though its opening weekend is a tad tiny. Even if there is easy proof that the box office is seriously tanking, Christmas break weekdays can't be beat. The only decent news is that this won't reach 200 million... a sign of slight Chipmunk fatigue.

As for Muppets itself, its performance just gets sadder and sadder. It'll make about three million this weekend, propelling over 70 million. The next three weeks will probably be the death knell, as only Xmas break will help it from y'know... disappearing. It'll barely reach 80 million and then sputter out.

Sigh. I really hope it does well internationally.
The only surprise is that positive word of mouth didn't give it's second week a boost...quite the opposite, it imploded. But, did anyone here really believe the Muppet film wouldnt be dead at the one month mark? That's the nature of the box office

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only surprise is that positive word of mouth didn't give it's second week a boost...quite the opposite, it imploded. But, did anyone here really believe the Muppet film wouldnt be dead at the one month mark? That's the nature of the box office
It's also the suicide mission of having 3 major movies opening in a single day this weekend and this Wednesday. Sherlock Holmes only made 40 mil (less than the Muppets opening weekened , and it was number 1 too. Alvin, while there's no doubt it will be gain steam Christmas vacation, only had a pathetic opening of 25 million... that's not even as good as the Muppets 3 day. The Muppets did make 3 million more this weekend (like I kinda called it), unfortunately it slipped behind 2 of the other kids movies Hugo and that dreadful Christmas thing, but only about 0.1 million. And I'm sure That's only because a couple hundred families wanted to see a Christmas movie. The Muppets barely placed this week, and it's going to disappear by Wednesday, but 70 million domestically is pretty good... sadly, 10 million short of what everyone's expectations were, but by no means a flop.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Has there been any reaction from Disney with regards to the response to the film?

Puckrox

Reaction score
Has there been any reaction from Disney with regards to the response to the film?
Hasn't Disney gone on record saying that this film's officially a success? I don't have the source for this information, but people keep saying it on here so I assume it's true.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Hasn't Disney gone on record saying that this film's officially a success? I don't have the source for this information, but people keep saying it on here so I assume it's true.
You right.

That TinTin movie looks weird, the animation bugs me!
It's amazingly well-done - and not just animated, either. It's performance capture, so those are the actor's real performances. Give it a shot, you might be surprised. My favorite adventure movie in a long, long time.