Fan Poll: Favorite Sesame Street Christmas Production

What is your favorite Sesame Street Christmas production?

• A Sesame Street Christmas Carol (2006)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Special Sesame Street Christmas (1978)

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Christmas Eve on Sesame Street (1978)

Votes: 45 84.9%
  • Elmo Saves Christmas (1996)

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Elmo's Christmas Countdown (2007)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Elmo's World: Happy Holidays (2002)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Christmas holiday now in full force, we thought it would be fun to discuss and debate your favorite Sesame Street Christmas productions.

Today we are discussing the specials featuring the Sesame Street characters. Vote in the poll above and then list your ranking of the Sesame holiday favorites. (We'll have another thread for Henson Family productions later this week. We're discussing Muppet Christmas productions here.)

Let us know your thoughts and feedback on the Sesame Street holiday productions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is NO contest... Christmas Eve on Sesame Street is too great a special. Elmo Saves Christmas would be a distant second... and all the way at the lonely bottom is a Very Special Sesame Street Christmas for me. It's too much a 1970's variety show for its own good. And Michael Jackson's the only guest that doesn't sing, and the only guest I wanted to hear sing.

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
I like Elmo's Christmas Countdown. It's such a fun special to watch, even though it's more modern than the others. Elmo Saves Christmas never fails to make me cry, especially with the parts with Big Bird, but as a kid, I always had nightmares about that special.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I used to watch Christmas Eve on Sesame Street in the middle of the summer when I was a kid. I loved that special and still do. The music in it just warms my heart.

HG Jago

Reaction score
Christmas Eve on Sesame Street hands down. Great storyline, and features most of the best material from the "Merry Christmas from Sesame Street" LP.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like Elmo's Christmas Countdown. It's such a fun special to watch, even though it's more modern than the others.
I think Elmo's Christmas Countdown is very much the same concept of Special Sesame Street Christmas, focusing on celebrity guest stars, but it does a far superior job with it. It has more Sesame Street characters, the celebrities actually sing Christmas songs in a Christmas special. Okay, I double checked... they DID sing some Christmas music in a medley at the end of Special Christmas.

Though I have some problems with the pacing of ECC... I really hate how that reindeer news anchor keeps basically taunting Ben Stiller Elf the entire time. Still, it was more fun to watch than Special Christmas, which had me cringe every other minute.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
and all the way at the lonely bottom is a Very Special Sesame Street Christmas for me. It's too much a 1970's variety show for its own good.
Yeah that's pretty much right, the '70s was a unique decade indeed, lol.

superboober

Reaction score
Hands down Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, not least of all given that it has Jim's personal touch on it, which the others lack.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The one thing I liked about A Very Special Sesame Street Christmas was the bit about the snow plow pushing the snow back in front of the stoop, I've definitely been there, lol.